mcarterbrown.com

The Yard Sale If it is non-paintball related, then you should drop her off at our Yard Sale. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else might not want it.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

The story I was told by the cop I originaly bought this off of. (and yes I know cops can be wrong too, and usually are) The Spas was ban from being imported by the assault ban, not owned. DD transfers on this weapon very by state and is not on the federal list. When I bought it it was transfered via FFL dealer like a regular shotgun here in MO. Street Sweepers, USAS, and a few other shotguns were put on the federal ban but this one slipped though, just cant be imported anymore. Like I said just what I was told.
stockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

That sucker looks like it would be a blast to shoot trap with. Imagine the looks you'd get!

Too bad I don't have the cash or I'd pick it up.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hope you get this sold Zack...KS is hot, and there's no paintball near where I'm at...sigh.

See you in the middle!
Rev. Jason Geer
CPPA #1012
I rock a shoebox!!!
96 Cocker Splatmaster Trracer
Rev_Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti
4 bore.. what is that 4 inch" ? You're f'ing nuts!
Naah, I'm not crazy - the 4 bore is a sub 1"(but not by much!) gun. "nominal" boresize doesn't exist, as these guns never made it into the SAAMI era. HOWEVER, Kreiger make's a suitable barrel size: .950 groove NEI has a cherry for a correct mold - it will drop at 3500 grains(That's 8 ounces, or half a pound ). The biggest thing standing in the way of this project was brass, but apparently Rocky Mountain Cartridge has dies to make them, but the cases are pricey at $ 15.00 each. I'll have to make reloading dies, probably for an arbor press, but considering I'll have a chamber reamer, it shouldn't be too bad. I think I can get 1800FPS out of it, which would give it 25K+ lbs of muzzle energy.

The best part? It has a sporting use exemption. It will probably be the most powerful non DD cartridge gun in America.

Now, if you want a shoulder breaker, a .550 magnum on CZ if you're poor("only" 9000 ft/lbs) or if ya got money to burn, a .600 Overkill on a Waffenbrek Hein Action(I don't know how much muzzle energy it has at max load, the recoil gets too stiff and nobody has ever pushed it. It's OVER 12K ft/lbs). Then there's Ed Hubel's "12 gauge from hell", where he deep reams a Savage 210 action and puts a rim on .50 BMG brass, and blown straight, making it a sort of "paradox" gun. 750grn slugs at 2500FPS.

4 bore slug from NEI mold(that's a .44 mag next to it):

From left to right, 4 Bore, .700 Nitro, .470Nitro, 375H&H, .500 Maximum:

.550 RNS Magnum, made from .460 Weatherby Brass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockman
The story I was told by the cop I originaly bought this off of. (and yes I know cops can be wrong too, and usually are) The Spas was ban from being imported by the assault ban, not owned. DD transfers on this weapon very by state and is not on the federal list. When I bought it it was transfered via FFL dealer like a regular shotgun here in MO. Street Sweepers, USAS, and a few other shotguns were put on the federal ban but this one slipped though, just cant be imported anymore. Like I said just what I was told.
DD transfer's DO NOT VARY BY STATE. That's because the States don't make the laws concerning them, the Federal Government does. Keep in mind, Destructive devices aren't you're run of the mill firearms - they're usually guns over .50 caliber(usually waaay over, there are people in the US who do own actual artillery), and require an FFL(not a dealers, I believe it's a Type 5, but I'm not sure).

You should really find out before attempting to sell it, because a dealer is going to know right away what the deal is, and turn you in if it is. You can't be too careful, as BATFE loves, and I mean LOVES "technical violations" - over 95% of their arrests are over minor paperwork mistakes(you can actually get arrested for answering "Y" or "N" where it says "answer Yes or No", I'm not kidding!).

HTRN

Last edited by HTRN; 08-13-2006 at 05:46 AM.
HTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

put it on ebay, if they give you any flack about it just email them the question "do they really pay you enough to f*** with a guy selling a spas 12?"

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

oh and jason, we really could have used you at the last tourny. It had all the teams competing against pump teams with 3 players. A few tunnels through the fields would have been very helpful and would have gave us the slight edge we needed in some of the games.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

God that 4 bore is F'ing insane!!!!!

I have no idea how that is considered a sporting cartridge.. maybe against whales.. but it's illegal to hunt them anymore.. and we don't have elephants in the US.

You sir are insane!

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Can't put firearms on Ebay. Last I heard (read) you can't put markers on Ebay if you're from England.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Morbidly Sarcastic!

Send a message via AIM to Tescrash Send a message via Yahoo to Tescrash

Jesus H. Christ that 4 Bore is a big cartridge! What couldn't that take down? Can I get a pic of the gun it goes with, specificly the action/bore? The slug looks like my 25mm shell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Of A-5
I thought you were serious for a moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtcow
I am. That's a dude that desperately wants to be a chick.
Tescrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRN View Post

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

HTRN
SPASs are not a DD. Bush Sr.'s ban of 89 however did prohibit further import.

The Street sweeper/Striker 12 and USAS shotguns are DDs as per ATF Rulings 94-1 and 94-2.

Something like my 203. Now that's a DD.

topcrest@hayesresearch.com

Good luck with your sale.
TopCrest is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » The Yard Sale