mcarterbrown.com  

The Yard Sale If it is non-paintball related, then you should drop her off at our Yard Sale. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else might not want it.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Dell Inspiron 9100

I've had this for a bit of time but have since upgraded a couple times. I was going to fix it back up to working condition for ebay, but it's going to take some fidgeting to get it there, and I don't really have the time these days, SOO..

SOLD outside of MCB.

All it needs is a new harddrive and a fresh install of your choice. It comes with a new condition keyboard and of course the power supply.

I REALLY go for trades. Anything you have will be looked at.

Details:
Current keyboard works fine but is a little dirty and is missing 3 keys.
Current harddrive is a *faulty* 60 gig.
Subwoofer built into battery.
Intel Pentium 4 dual-core
A little dusty.
infared
CD r/w and dvd read
enourmous screen
wireless access
256MBx2 DDR ram
Last time I used it, the battery held about an hour and a half. (good for this computer considering the size and power consumption)

If you have any questions or want any other pictures, feel free to post here or pm me.

Regards;
III

can't wait to hear from y'all.

P.S.;
I can include a (illegal, mind you) copy of windows xp pro corp stripped. (windows xp professional stripped of a lot of crapola and no activation code to hassle with)
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.

Last edited by SuperHiQuality87; 01-06-2007 at 07:12 PM.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just a note for you, Microsoft has been working on wiping out all rouge corporate keys. I know of 2 keys that are no longer valid, and one is mine. Sadly, I actually bought the cd and key and have the info upstairs and its useless to me now. I found out later that thats a no-no but ignorance is my defense. They started cracking down and alot of machines are coming up with this "You may have been a victim of software piracy...." and you also get some nifty things like no more updates, no support etc.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to paintballwannab

The operating system is not a issue, just pick up a copy of the media, which ever it came with pro or home. Then use the CD key on the back of the computer, you'll probally have to call microsoft, but just explain to them that your hard drive fried and you have installed a new one, give them your CD key, they'll give you a activation code and your all set.

Also i have one of these computers and they run excellent, once the buyer gets a new hard drive you'll be very pleased.
Ebay
http://myworld.ebay.com/paintballwannab/
Mcarterbrown.com
http://mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8131

I do powder coating, PM for details.
paintballwannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

We have two of these at work, they are nice machines, but they do get hot.
i believe (and the sticker suggests) that it has a single core P4 being a second gen Inspiron.
when getting a new hard drive i'd recommend the Hitachi 7200 RPM drives, they're louder than stock but much faster, upgrading cut my Windows loading time by 1/3 vs the stock 4200 drive on my i8200.
if the COA is still on the bottom of the computer then it will activate just fine with Microsoft, the computer specs haven't changed enough from the original activation to make it think its a different machine. i do it all the time at work.
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hey thanks a ton guys for the plugs, I need em haha. May I also add that in addition to windows, you could also go for a nice unix-based cd .

Anyway yeap the hot part is correct. Also when the fans really come on, it sounds like it about to take off. Thats because of the hyperthreading cpu and all the accessories.

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » The Yard Sale