instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiking.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hiking.

    Since the last thread is dead in the water. I realized I didn't post all the old photos under my imgur account and I am lazy so I will just consider them dead. I want to see where everyone else hikes as well! I am always looking for new hikes and am currently saving some $ to try and get a van and convert it into an RV for some low budget road trips.

    Anyways, a few recent hikes.

    Dream Draw "Circumference Trail". This one took us about half way up Piestewa Peak which was not what we were trying to do that day. Topo map prep became a new thing I do on every hike now after this one.
    ​Phoenix Sonoran Preserve before work. A little toasty in mid July.



    Towards the top of Abineau Canyon in the San Francisco Peaks. Still snow on the mountains in late June and evidence of the avalanche nearly 15 years ago.




    From our escape to ABQ, never got a chance to post these because of the dark times on the internet. Anyways...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	uu6iuHT.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	7126
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ADKDej1.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	7127

    #2
    very nice pictures!




    Comment


      #3
      I'm back to my weekly hike with my hiking group. We are down a few members since they have health conditions but we still go out with 6-8 people weekly. It's been hot an humid so we've been doing easier hikes the past few weeks. I'm hoping it cools down a little so we can hit some of the bigger mountains we've been planning.

      Comment


        #4
        Nice!

        You in Phoenix?

        Brother and I hiked up Mormon Mountain east of Munds Park yesterday. 6.3 miles and 1000 feet gained. Weather was perfect- 76*.
        “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by lew View Post
          Nice!

          You in Phoenix?

          Brother and I hiked up Mormon Mountain east of Munds Park yesterday. 6.3 miles and 1000 feet gained. Weather was perfect- 76*.
          Yes I live up N PHX Deer Valley area. Currently working in Prescott for the week and think I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and hike before work. Just gotta find a shortish trail that I can do and get back to the hotel in time to shower.

          I have not done Mormon MTN before.


          BLanche, glad to hear you're hiking again. It's hot here too so we have been driving up N to escape the heat in the mountains or starting at about 5am at the trailhead.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Deltasteve View Post
            BLanche, glad to hear you're hiking again. It's hot here too so we have been driving up N to escape the heat in the mountains or starting at about 5am at the trailhead.
            What gets me while hiking is the humidity. Yesterday it was only 80 but it was so humid that you would've sworn I jumped in a river because of how sweat soaked I was.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Deltasteve View Post

              Yes I live up N PHX Deer Valley area. Currently working in Prescott for the week and think I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and hike before work. Just gotta find a shortish trail that I can do and get back to the hotel in time to shower.

              I have not done Mormon MTN before.
              Right on. I'm in Desert Hills. We've been hitting a lot of the high country lately with it being nice and toasty here in the Valley.
              “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by lew View Post

                Right on. I'm in Desert Hills. We've been hitting a lot of the high country lately with it being nice and toasty here in the Valley.
                Yeah we have been exploring a lot of stuff up north and ticking hikes out of the Arizona Highways Best AZ Day Hikes book I got at REI.

                Originally posted by BLachance75 View Post

                What gets me while hiking is the humidity. Yesterday it was only 80 but it was so humid that you would've sworn I jumped in a river because of how sweat soaked I was.
                I do not miss the humidity when hiking for sure. Can't get an early start and beat the humidity that lingers all summer long.


                Did manage to get out yesterday and today to hike in Prescott. I wound up climbing to the top of Thumb Butte, but I did not take any photos as rain was coming and I did NOT want to get stuck up there when it rained.



                This morning did Watson Lake which was awesome, I kept going off the trails to climb random rock formations and couldn't have asked for more pleasant morning to hike.


                Comment


                  #9
                  Wife and I took kiddo up to Mortimer Farms in Dewey. and had lunch over at Iron Springs Cafe. Granite Mountain was very tempting, as was Thumb Butte. I'll have to settle for their whiskey for now.😁
                  “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by lew View Post
                    Wife and I took kiddo up to Mortimer Farms in Dewey. and had lunch over at Iron Springs Cafe. Granite Mountain was very tempting, as was Thumb Butte. I'll have to settle for their whiskey for now.😁
                    I have been to neither of those places but both are on my list to go to next time on my way back from up North.

                    Thumb Butte was a short ish hike if you've never done it before. Go right at the start of you'll be walking up a paved trail that is all switchbacks. The climb was fun, take the access part to the right on the Butte if you want to climb to the summit. I took the one to the left and made it about 90% of the way up but there was a gap about 25 feet wide between me and the formation the that makes up the tallest part of the Butte. Not super advanced rock climbing but it was actual rock climbing for sure.
                    Last edited by Deltasteve; 07-26-2020, 09:59 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for the info. I used to be into climbing, so either option sounds doable for me. Cheers!
                      “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Round trip tickets from Pittsburgh to San Diego were $180, so it looks like me and some friends are going out to meet another friend who moved to San Diego, then driving up to Yosemite at the end of the month for a long weekend of camping/hiking. I've been out there once before and hiked the falls, definitely looking forward to getting some serious miles in the valley.

                        Thanks for the cheap flight COVID!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Delta those are some awesome pictures man! I'm heading up to NH to visit my folks this weekend and we are planning on doing the Mt. Morgan - Mt Percival loop, I'll remind myself to take some pics.
                          💀Keeper of the Ointments, Ragnastock💀

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jonnydread View Post
                            Delta those are some awesome pictures man! I'm heading up to NH to visit my folks this weekend and we are planning on doing the Mt. Morgan - Mt Percival loop, I'll remind myself to take some pics.
                            Don't forget to take pics!

                            Originally posted by autococker04 View Post
                            Round trip tickets from Pittsburgh to San Diego were $180, so it looks like me and some friends are going out to meet another friend who moved to San Diego, then driving up to Yosemite at the end of the month for a long weekend of camping/hiking.
                            Awesome! I will be heading to San Diego later this month for a beach vacation but I am going to try and hike twice while I am there. No flights needed from here though.


                            From earlier this week, usual before work hike. I did not go this morning because I slept in and it was pretty great too.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Where's that last picture? Looks familiar.
                              “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Krishnamurti

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X