Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Character LMOP Mk2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    In Character LMOP Mk2

    Now it's time to try our best to continue where we left off. This thread should be for in character discussion, as per previous. I'm going to try to remember how it worked as best as I can. Therefore,

    Bold text is your character speaking
    Italic text is your character's thoughts
    Regular text will be for everything else, with clarification if needed.

    Feel free to narrate your actions and make a roll if you feel you will need one in advance, in any case a roll will be requested if it's needed. Let's have a good time.

    #2
    Following Ivan's yodel, our band of adventurers hastily makes an exit from the cave. One by one, you arrive at the cave entrance and begin to regroup to prepare for the coming Redbrands, some of whom you heard start to stir when you were making your getaway. You did hear a few of them starting to make chase.

    Comment


      #3
      Pique looks for good hiding spot that allows him to use his Short Bow at targets coming out of the cave mouth. While doing this pulls out and re-strings his bow in anticipation of Red Bands to follow.
      1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10 Stealth (prepare ambush)
      http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=240051
      1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15 Dexterity Check (String/prepare Bow)
      http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=240052
      "When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

      Feedback Link - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...del-s-feedback

      Comment


        #4
        Eric is probably last out of the cave, having been on the other side of the bridge...

        I come out... frolicking?... I look back over my shoulder, my scarf slips down uncovering a genuine smile... I do a quick look around as I pull my scarf back up over my mouth and nose. I am looking for fallen trees, large strumps or rocks, or even holes/ditches immediately outside the cave. Somewhere to adequately hide.

        Perception 1D20 + 5 = 12 + 5 = 17

        I will also take a gander above the mouth of the cave, looking for any loose rocks or logs that I could possibly roll down the hill.

        Perception 1D20 + 5 = 17 + 5 = 22

        Isn't this exciting? I ask nobody in particular...
        Ready yourselves, my friends, there's no going back after this. There's no running away, either. I look around as people are hiding/do whatever they are doing upon exiting the cave. We can't leave this village at the mercy of these redbrand thugs.
        If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
        IGY6; 503.995.0257

        Comment


          #5
          Eric, you crazy Чувак (chuvak)! You are enjoying this, yes?

          Ivan dashes out of the cave mouth, visibly nervous and a bit giddy with adrenaline because of his yodeling. He's right, no going back after this.

          I suppose we have to kill them all, no? What is plan? Anyone watching our flanks?
          Ivan takes a hard look around them in the woods:
          Perception: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
          As he whips his head around, he doesn't realize that Eric just brushed past a branch, and the branch goes SMACK right into his face, Arrrgg, yowch!

          Then he finds what he feels like is a good hiding spot among some large protruding root formations of a tree.
          Stealth: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

          Comment


            #6
            Are you kidding? This is how you find yourself, brother.

            I find a tree with a fork in it to hide behind, my bow at full draw, aiming through the fork into the mouth of the cave.

            I love this shi...

            The last sentence tapers off into a hushed silence as a small breeze whistles by.

            I gently strum my fingers on my bowstring, jiggling the little tuffs of whiskers I have tied to it.
            If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
            IGY6; 503.995.0257

            Comment


              #7
              Ivan takes out his crossbow and readies a bolt.

              Sniffing that gentle breeze, he tries to catch any particular scent he might recognize...

              Perception of the breeze: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

              Hmm, Eric or pique??
              Sniffs again...

              2nd Perception of the breeze: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
              Smells worse the second sniff, and there's no mistaking this time.
              Pique! Dammit man, trying to concentrate here and you let that foul stench eek from your ass?

              Comment


                #8
                Gudgeon took the Triboar trail into Phandalin just this morning. Answering the summons of his cousin Gundron.

                When he arrived he checked in at Barthons provisions in hopes of getting this over with quickly. Not expecting this "big discovery" to anything too important. When he found out that Gundron was not currently in town he went to the Smithy to offer the blessings of Moradin and his assistance.
                "I don't mind your help but we pray to Gond here." Stated Parth the sweaty smith, not unkindly.
                "Very well. What can I do?" Gudgeon replied smiling. These human and their young gods.

                And so Gudgeon found himself sweating in a field belonging to a halfling farmer name of Alderleaf. Her plow had cracked on a rock and he was mending it in the warm sun. His Helmet shining silver in the light as it rested next to him on his pack. Sweat on his brow as he worked Moradins magic into the plow and the crack closed up and the metal filled in.
                He was impressed with the woman. She had to hard working soul of a Dwarf.
                Last edited by Nish; 07-28-2020, 07:52 PM.
                Village Idiot

                Originally posted by MAr
                ... Nish deleted it...



                Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

                Master Jar-Jar

                Comment


                  #9
                  As i see my friends being so jovial i start up spring time for hitler...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I quickly look over at Maxi.
                    What?! But, but we're hiding... I think to myself with a weird inflection of my own internal voice at the end.

                    I have to stifle a laugh, but I don't know if even my scarf can hide my smile. My eyes sparkle with delight, betraying my emotions regardless of my scarf covering my face.

                    I lightly strum my ring and pinky fingers on my bowstring in rhythm with springtime for hitler. Bow still at full draw, aiming into the cave...
                    If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
                    IGY6; 503.995.0257

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Pique considers taking a shot at the saxophone but reconsiders and returns attention to the cave mouth.
                      "When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

                      Feedback Link - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...del-s-feedback

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Gudeon wipes the sweat from his brow and stands as he finishes the repairs on the plow.


                        "Dare I ask how much coin that is going to cost me?" Asks Qelline Alderleaf.

                        "I admire your hard work. Let me stamp the blade with the symbol of my God. Fill my waterskin and maybe one of those beautiful apples and we can call it even if that suits you. You will still have to pay any debts you have to Parth of course." Gudgeon Answered her question warmly.

                        Qelline Looked at him suspiciously at first. Then agreed to his terms. She sent her son to fetch a pale of water and her and Gudeon sat to enjoy an early afternoon snack.
                        Village Idiot

                        Originally posted by MAr
                        ... Nish deleted it...



                        Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

                        Master Jar-Jar

                        Comment


                          #13
                          (Spring time for Hitler intensifies)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            3 Redbrands emerge from the cave mouth, seemingly fully aware that there is someone there. The one in front looks around, and locks eyes with Maxi, and the three of them ready for combat.

                            Initiative order:
                            Gundeon (Nish) 21
                            Eric (Davidboren) 19
                            Maxi (mtzplayer) 15
                            Redbrand #1 15
                            Redbrand #2 15
                            Kal’Mord (Obake) 13
                            Ivan (Rainmaker) 13
                            Pique (Grendel) 12
                            Redbrand #3 4

                            Nish and Obake, you guys can join in after 2 rounds.
                            Last edited by mtaylor; 08-18-2020, 03:35 PM.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              When it is Piques's next to last turn to attack - Short Bow vs. Redband #4:

                              1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13 Attack Roll RedBand#4 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=240294

                              1D6 = [2] +6 = 8 Short Bow Damage Redband#4 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=240296 Added based on Nish comment below

                              "Oh hell ! Pique my boy you are too old to be this bad at getting the drop on the likes of these"

                              Pique moves to the right trying to keep distance between him and the on rushing Redbands
                              1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13 Dexterity Check (maintain distance)
                              http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=240297
                              Last edited by Grendel; 08-04-2020, 03:03 PM.
                              "When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

                              Feedback Link - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...del-s-feedback

                              Comment


                              • mtaylor

                                mtaylor

                                commented
                                Editing a comment
                                There are 3 of them, I'm assuming you meant the 3rd one who rolled 4 for initiative.

                              • Grendel

                                Grendel

                                commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I guess so I was thinking order of list and 2 Redbands #3 & 4 but see my mistake. #3 it is

                              • Nish

                                Nish

                                commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Grendel, I completely understand. I have the same problem some times.
                            Working...
                            X