Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Character LMOP Mk2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I don't hesitate or waste time thinking, I take aim at the first guy out of the cave. As soon as the clown starts mean mugging Maxi, I let loose my arrow... looks like it's Redbrand #1's lucky day...

    Redbrand #1 locks eyes with Maxi playing the Saxophone, the confusion is obvious, but quickly turns to anger.

    At the exact moment that Redbrand #1 opens his mouth to say something, there is a muffled TWANG and a streak of white flashes from the treeline.

    Redbrand #1's words falter. His confusion has returned. He finds himself going cross-eyed as he focuses on the feathered fletchings in front of his face. He tries to speak again... a spray of blood.

    His eyes go wide in horror as he realizes that he has an arrow in his throat and a flood of pain cascades through his body... NAT 20/critical hit:
    damage = (1D8×2)+4 = 12+4 = 16

    Without pause I nock another arrow.

    15 left, make them count...
    If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
    IGY6; 503.995.0257

    Comment


      #17
      Indeed his eyes do go wide in horror, as he tries to focus on the arrow and collapses to the ground dead.

      Comment


        #18
        Gudgeon sips water from the ladle little droplets landing in his beard. It's refreshingly cool being fresh from the well.

        Talking casually with the Alderleaf's he notices that they seem to be distracted. He stops chewing his apple long enough to hear a strange sound from the woods. A strange melody from an instrument he doesn't recognize.

        It's probably nothing, but there is an uneasiness in the boy's face.

        Gudgeon shrugs, shifts his weight to his hands and stands up. Leaving his pack on the ground he puts his helmet on, grabs his shield and slings his warhammer over his shoulder.

        "I've spent most of my life in caves and churches. I don't know what bird makes that song. I'd like to go find out. Can you keep an eye on my pack for me young Mr. Alderleaf?"

        The boy nods and Gudgeon walks towards the sound.
        Village Idiot

        Originally posted by MAr
        ... Nish deleted it...



        Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

        Master Jar-Jar

        Comment


          #19
          The second Redbrand sees Eric fire his bow, and moves to slash at him with his short sword. His first swipe connects (for 3 points of damage) and he misses way wide with his second, falling on his face with his excess force.

          Comment


            #20
            Ivan sees the 2nd Redbrand attack Eric, and takes aim with his crossbow.

            Crossbow shot 1: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10

            Crossbow shot 2: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20


            Assuming the first one misses, and the 2nd one hits:
            Crossbow damage: 1D8+1 = [7]+1 = 8


            After firing, Ivan moves as close to the Redbrand #2 that he just shot, intent on engaging closer up on the next round.

            Comment


              #21
              OYE! I Exclaim in a burst of pain...
              You'll wish you hadn't...

              Instead of drawing the string back, it's almost like I lean into the bow... towards Redbrand #2, I tower over his now prone form, aiming almost straight down, and release my arrow before Redbrand #2 even has time to look up at me.

              Advantage for being within 5' of prone target:
              a) 1D20 + 4 = 15 + 4 = 19
              b) 1D20 + 4 = 5 + 4 = 9

              Damages:
              1D8 + 4 = 6 + 4 = 10

              After shooting Redbrand #2, I spit on him, and nock another arrow.

              14...
              If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
              IGY6; 503.995.0257

              Comment


                #22
                Well, that ought to do it, comrade, ha ha! Remind me not to double cross you.

                Seeing redbrand #2 probably dead, ivan turns to see what #3 is up to, raising hots crossbow level with his chest, at the ready.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Gudgeon hears what begins as a scream and quickly turns to a gargle.
                  So much for it just being an animal in the woods.

                  Gudgeon entered the woods without slowing his pace can and readied his warhammer. In their smalltalk Ms. Alderleaf had mentioned people coming up missing and warned him to avoid trouble with some gang called the Redbrands.
                  Village Idiot

                  Originally posted by MAr
                  ... Nish deleted it...



                  Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

                  Master Jar-Jar

                  Comment


                    #24
                    As Ivan raises his crossbow, he hears a flap, flap, flap of a bird's wings near his head.

                    Dexterity, grab blackbird: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22

                    Without taking his eyes off the 3rd Redbrand, Ivan deftly reaches cross-body with his right hand over his left shoulder and Snatches a blackbird out of the air. Squawking wildly the whole time, he casts his arm forward as if throwing a frisbee, and flings the feathered ball of fury toward the 3rd Redbrand.

                    Animal Handling, throw blackbird: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

                    Ivan never was very good at sports. The momentum that he put into the throw takes Ivan off balance and he stumbles forward a bit, breaking eye contact with the Redbrand. He releases a little too early, and the screeching bird goes hurtling directly toward Pique's head.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Short Bow vs. Redband #3:

                      1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13 Attack Roll RedBand#3 CoyoteCode Dice Roller

                      1D6 = [2] +6 = 8 Short Bow Damage Redband#3 CoyoteCode Dice Roller Added based on Nish comment below

                      "Oh hell ! Pique my boy you are too old to be this bad at getting the drop on the likes of these"

                      Pique moves to the right trying to keep distance between him and the on rushing Redbands
                      1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13 Dexterity Check (maintain distance)
                      CoyoteCode Dice Roller
                      "When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

                      Feedback Link - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...del-s-feedback

                      Comment


                      • Nish

                        Nish

                        commented
                        Editing a comment


                        For your ranged attack you the formula is 1d20+Dex Bonus+Proficiency Bonus
                        For Damage it is 1d6+ Dex Bonus (No proficiency bonus to damage)

                      #26
                      The third Redbrand looks around at you guys and his dead friends, and turns and rushes back into the cave presumably to warn the others.

                      Comment


                        #27
                        On no you don't...

                        Another muffled TWANG, and a streak of white follows Redbrand #3 into the cave...

                        ATK = 1D20 + 4 + 2 = 11 + 4 + 2 = 17
                        DMG = 1D8 + 4 = 4 + 4 = 8

                        13, arrows left...
                        If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
                        IGY6; 503.995.0257

                        Comment


                          #28
                          He stumbles, but is still making progress.

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Hmm, hardy this one is... I think, as I nock another arrow.
                            If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
                            IGY6; 503.995.0257

                            Comment


                              #30
                              Gudgeon finally reaches the point that the trees thin just before the rocky bank just in time to see the red cloak disappear into the darkness of the cave. He looks around quickly,

                              2 dead, 2 armed, 1 fleeing into the cave, something running into the trees.

                              He stops and takes a deep breath, the red hair in his mustache lifting slightly with the exhale. He raises his shield and walks into the clearing. The sounds of the links in his chain mail armor rubbing together are faint but ring loud in his ears, He holds his warhammer at his side ready just in case this doesn't go well, his shield in front of him, the flaming anvil of his god proudly leading his way.

                              "I am Gudgeon Rockseeker Sonnlinor of Moradin! What is the meaning of this?"
                              Village Idiot

                              Originally posted by MAr
                              ... Nish deleted it...



                              Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

                              Master Jar-Jar

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X