instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Character LMOP Mk2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    What the..?

    The tingle of holy energy is an unfamiliar sensation to me, and I fail to recognize its source.

    Mistress? Lady of the cave, daughter of nature, is that you?

    I continue into the cave, advancing along the right-side wall, towards the south/east bridge. I am aiming towards the other entrance into the cavern (about due north, I believe... possibly northwest).

    The way things echo in this cave, it's impossible to tell how close they actually are.

    Stay frosty... fan out... somebody watch our backs.
    If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
    IGY6; 503.995.0257

    Comment


      #47
      "Sumasshedshiy! You all crazy to go back in there with that creature! Tell you what, you guys do that, and I go up hill to ruins. Come at them from both sides that way. Like pincher, yes?"

      Ivan doesn't really wait for a reply, turning to start up the hill to where he thinks the ruins are. Visibly spooked by the thought of going back in the cave with the creature.

      Perception to go the right direction toward ruins: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13


      Stealth moving up the hill: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21


      Ivan takes a couple steps, then offers Anyone feel free to join me!

      Comment


        #48
        Gudgeons stride slows for a second. "Creature... Hey you didn't say anything about a creature."

        Gudgeon hurries to try to catch up to Eric muttering under himself "And then there were two. Moradin be kind to us."
        Originally posted by MAr
        ... Nish deleted it...

        Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

        Master Jar-Jar

        Comment


          #49
          I stop humming Springtime for Hitler as you approach.

          Creature? You must be referring to the lady of the cave... creature, yes, she scampers on walls, and speaks inside your head... I suspect she is a daughter of nature... a Hag, if you will.

          I say this without fear or concern, as if the two of us had set off to the local Hag's house to borrow some eggs.

          I don't know what your God thinks of the children of nature, or you for that matter, but ready your mind to come face to face with one now.

          I continue into the cave, bow aimed across the chasm to the other opening.

          We cut these bridges, and we run as fast as your stubby little legs will go. I won't leave you, since you didn't leave me... but we need to catch up with our friends on the hill before they are slaughtered.

          Huh... ok, apparently I am not leaving him... why did I say that? I don't know this man. I owe him nothing. But he owes me nothing and, yet, here he is...

          I reach the bottom-right bridge, relax the string on my bow so I can hold it and the arrow in my left hand, then use my right hand to draw a short sword and cut the ropes supporting the planks of the bridge. The lower ropes first, then the "handrail" ropes. I stay my blade and return my bow to full draw, aiming at the opposing entrance.

          I start humming Springtime for Hitler, again, and project my thoughts into the abyss below the fallen bridge...

          MISTRESS! Prepare yourself... hide, help, or hinder... I fear the time is now. Forgive us for having brought our business to your home.

          I look to my left to see if the other bridge has been cut...
          If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
          IGY6; 503.995.0257

          Comment


            #50
            The other bridge has in fact been cut.

            Comment


              #51
              Child of Nature, Hag, creatures, what in the hells? Gudgeon shakes his head trying to focus on the goals this crazy man set out. Still hoping that there is some kind of plan behind these actions.

              Cut the bridges and run he says. That is one, that is another, are there more? Gudgeon looks around the cave frantically as a child might look for the last toy before the other children get to it. (Perception Check: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
              )

              "Are there more?"
              Originally posted by MAr
              ... Nish deleted it...

              Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

              Master Jar-Jar

              Comment


                #52
                No, run, there be but two!

                I say this with building excitement evident in my voice. I step away from the edge of the chasm, still aiming at the opposing entrance of the cave, and wait for Gudgeon to run past me before peeling off, buttonhook to my left, simultaneously lowering my bow and relaxing the string so I can hold it one-handed, and run/jog behind him, following him out of the cave.

                Peace be with you, MISTRESS!

                May your God bless your hairy feet, RUN!!! Our friends await in the jaws of danger!
                If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
                IGY6; 503.995.0257

                Comment


                  #53
                  When Ivan sees the others go into the cave, he begins stealthily making his way up the hill. Making it within a stone's throw of the nearest crumbling wall of the ruins, he stays just at the edge of the tree line and looks for signs of Redbrand scum.

                  Maybe I can pick a few off with the crossbow, and find an entrance to the cave below.

                  Perception at the ruins: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

                  Curse these branches!
                  Ivan is having a hard time seeing much detail through the low bushes at the edge of the trees (does a 10 let me see anything?)

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Gudgeon takes off down the tunnel towards the exit as fast as his legs will take him.

                    He truly is mad! He doesn't know the difference between a halfling and a Dwarf!

                    Running down the tunnel Gudgeon smiles. Remembering running with a feeling of excitement like this once when he was younger. The night him and some Acolytes found their way into the forges one night and hid dung in the bellows. He could still see the look on the Forgemasters face as the smell of it burning filled the room. That had earned them a scolding and hours of cleaning but it was worth it.

                    [If we are not caught]
                    At the mouth of the cave Gudgeon continues to run, turning off in the direction that Ivan had indicated he would be going. Once comfortably into the woods Gudgeon slowed to a brisk walk so that he might be more aware of his surroundings.
                    I must try to not sneak up on him and get shot... or give away his position and get him shot. That is NOT how you make new friends.
                    Originally posted by MAr
                    ... Nish deleted it...

                    Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

                    Master Jar-Jar

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Perception, Gudgeon coming uphill: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
                      Ivan hears the faint shuffling of short legs coming up the hill behind him, intuitively recognizing the footsteps of their new dwarf friend. Ivan attempts to catch his gaze and signal for him to come up about 20 feet to his left for a less obstructed view.

                      DM - with that high roll looking down the hill, does Ivan perceive anything else of interest?

                      Comment


                        #56
                        You do indeed catch sight of Gudeon, as well as two Redbrands patrolling outside of door of the manor. They don't seem to know anything is wrong down below, and seem to just be keeping an eye on the pathway.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Pique continues to try and cover the cave group while moving into the cave himself staying to the left and trying to sight beyond the group.
                          "When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

                          Feedback Link - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...del-s-feedback

                          Comment


                            #58
                            PIQUE?!

                            I skid to a stop as Gudgeon starts his way up the hill... and run back into the cave after Pique.

                            My friend, the bridges are cut, our business in this cave is done. Come-on, we gotta go!

                            I reach as if I am going to physically pull on Pique, but stop myself out of respect. I position myself between Pique and the opposing entrance to the cave, acting as a human shield (well, half-elf shield) in case any Redbrands come in before Pique gets turned around and headed back out the way we came. My bow is at full draw, aimed across the chasm to where the Redbrands will enter.

                            No time to say hello, goodbye MISTRESS... I think at the darkness below.

                            I resume humming Springtime for Hitler.
                            If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
                            IGY6; 503.995.0257

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Gudgeon sees Pique in the brush and slows. Attempting to be quiet he slowly moves up to crouch down next to him.

                              Whispering, "What do we have here?"
                              Originally posted by MAr
                              ... Nish deleted it...

                              Originally posted by Axel "coffee-fueled, beer-cooled."

                              Master Jar-Jar

                              Comment


                                #60
                                I stop humming Springtime for Hitler as we climb into the brush. Naturally I get as low as possible, to keep my bow out of the branches.

                                Perception 1D20 + 5 = 11 + 5 = 16

                                The group seems to be stacking up on Ivan... I find a spot in the back that provides me enough room to pull my bow to full draw and still offers some visibility. Once I have my bow drawn and my lanes of fire picked out, I do my best to melt into my surroundings.

                                Stealth 1D20 + 4 = 16 + 4 = 20
                                If you need to talk, I will listen. Leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get it.
                                IGY6; 503.995.0257

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X