instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ego ---> cocker?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ego ---> cocker?

    Has anyone converted an ego to a autococker before? I would like to give it a shot since eteks are gettting pretty cheap because the majority of players seem to be too scared to touch the pre Lv1.6 egos because of noid supply shortages or whatever.

    I was thinking of taking the lpr body out and replacing it with an adapter that has a 2k speck banjo hole in it for the front block (might be able to just use a cocker fb if I get lucky with the alignment).

    Sorry for the poor drawing, I'm no giraffe-ic artist

    edit: forgot to mention my goal is to convert it to a fully mechanical marker. I'm just starting with the front block mount bc that seems like it would be the simplest to start off with
    Attached Files

    #2
    This is a lot more work than I think you realize

    Mechanical is not an option because you would have no dwell control

    Stock ego board will not work because it cannot run two solenoids, I don't think a cocker board will work due to differences in the planet eclipse solenoid from the autococker clapper, remember right it has a maximum of four milliseconds of dwell for The clapper solenoid

    Universal t board might and I have to stress might work

    Last I heard sci-fi was also working on a universal board but I have not heard anything about capabilities or release date.

    Since the planet eclipse solenoid is a pneumatic design you also have to split the LPR output so you potentially could run into flow rate issues as you are essentially driving two rams now with a fair amount of hose all around



    Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

    I use Tapatalk which does NOT display comments. If you want me to see it, make it a post not a comment.

    Feedback
    https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...323-s-feedback

    Comment


      #3
      I started a few years ago to convert a damaged 05 ego into a pump. Cut down the ram assembly into a valve and started to make a lower tube to use a wgp style hammer in.

      Key word is started. Why didn't I finish?

      No real advantage to doing this and the amount of one of custom machined parts I had to make was staggering. Basically everything but the body was modified.

      Material costs alone made it push well into a high end sniper build area so I bailed on it and built an inception kryptonite.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Trbo323 View Post
        This is a lot more work than I think you realize

        Mechanical is not an option because you would have no dwell control

        Stock ego board will not work because it cannot run two solenoids, I don't think a cocker board will work due to differences in the planet eclipse solenoid from the autococker clapper, remember right it has a maximum of four milliseconds of dwell for The clapper solenoid

        Universal t board might and I have to stress might work

        Last I heard sci-fi was also working on a universal board but I have not heard anything about capabilities or release date.

        Since the planet eclipse solenoid is a pneumatic design you also have to split the LPR output so you potentially could run into flow rate issues as you are essentially driving two rams now with a fair amount of hose all around



        Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
        I should have clarified more, my bad! I am wanting to do something like this with the lower tube.

        edit caught a mistake in my diagram : would need to slot the ram/hammer like you do on a midblock cocker. the hammer would be a modified stock ram
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • MrBarraclough
          MrBarraclough commented
          Editing a comment
          An Ego ram has so much less mass than a cocker hammer that I think you'd have a hard time achieving usable velocity.

        #5
        Originally posted by jetenginekyle View Post

        I should have clarified more, my bad! I am wanting to do something like this with the lower tube.

        edit caught a mistake in my diagram : would need to slot the ram/hammer like you do on a midblock cocker. the hammer would be a modified stock ram
        As stated..... this is going to be a daunting amount of work with basically nothing being bolt on.

        I've got years of experience doing custom paintball stuff , cad/cam software and a CNC at my disposal and even then bailed because the reward was not worth the effort

        God speed fellow tinkerer.

        Comment


        • jetenginekyle
          jetenginekyle commented
          Editing a comment
          wish me luck sounds like I'll really need it. Once I get my hands on an etek for under $100 ill get serious about this and hopefully be successful

        #6
        Did Price make a new user name again?

        Comment


          #7
          Ok, much more plausible with a sear

          One question though, why are you connecting the ram and bolt? You would lose the ability to be closed bolt. It would be some weird stacked tube not blowback thing.

          Rattle this around, if you turned down the head of the ram, the bolt pin would push it back but then be free to come forward to then run as closed bolt.

          Ok, new thoughts, I don't think any of these are deal breakers but things that are worth thinking about. I agree with Ecapnation that the reward doesn't really seem to match the level of work required but hey, your project your work so whatever.

          1) I would start by measuring a cocker body that distance between the bottom of the body and the bottom of the lower tube. If you are lucky there is more meat on the ego body and you can simply Mill it flat and figure out your frame screw location and if you are really lucky planet eclipse hasn't changed the frame screw locations for a long time and they might still match up with a cocker frame.

          If none of that ends up being the case you could still potentially Mill the ego flat and create a sandwich piece to go in between the body and frame.

          2) I had number two all written up and then I realized you are essentially going to have to create your own hammer and back cap assembly let me explain. My first concern was that the stock ram would be too light to really do much you would get really low velocity but then I realized there's not enough space behind it to put a spring and adjuster. So if you have to cut down the ram to make that space it's going to become even lighter but I think the solution is that you can cut down the ram sleeve so it essentially is just a valve body that opens up the diameter of the entire back half of the lower tube. You'll need your own back cap or maybe ivg because the stock back cap screws into the ram sleeve

          Honestly at that point it would actually be less work to drill out the entire lower tube to accept standard lower tube internals but that's assuming there's enough space to do that

          Compared to those two everything else is pretty minor

          Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk


          I use Tapatalk which does NOT display comments. If you want me to see it, make it a post not a comment.

          Feedback
          https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...323-s-feedback

          Comment


            #8
            Originally posted by Trbo323 View Post

            Honestly at that point it would actually be less work to drill out the entire lower tube to accept standard lower tube internals but that's assuming there's enough space to do that
            Well before that point, it would actually be less work to build a new solenoid from scratch or modify an older Ego to use some currently available solenoid.

            Hell, engineering a way to mechanically control dwell is probably less work than trying to cocker-ize an Ego in the way OP is thinking. If you could link the trigger to a series of two or more x-way valves controlling air flow into and out of a chamber that is otherwise isolated from the air supply, then you could make the ram move consistently regardless of how long you held the trigger.

            The Automag: Not as clumsy or random as an electro. An elegant marker for a more civilised age.

            www.reddit.com/u/MrBarraclough

            Comment


              #9


              Originally posted by MrBarraclough View Post

              Well before that point, it would actually be less work to build a new solenoid from scratch or modify an older Ego to use some currently available solenoid.

              .
              You would still be constrained to the stock manifold though so it would be pretty pointless to design your own noid.

              And you would still have the board issue.

              Honestly if the board could be sorted out a hybrid closed bolt ego sounds kind of cool. It would be like a cocker with an e bolt kit. Sounds wild

              Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

              I use Tapatalk which does NOT display comments. If you want me to see it, make it a post not a comment.

              Feedback
              https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...323-s-feedback

              Comment


                #10
                I guess I don't see any reason why you couldn't turn an Ego body into a Cocker any more than any other reason why you couldn't turn any other stacked tube marker body into a Cocker.* But I kind of doubt that anything dimensionally works out. ​​​It certainly would look cool** though.

                *Definitely way more complicated than a SpyderCocker though

                ** make it a pump for extra points

                Comment

                Working...
                X