instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Metal Gray Automag RT?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Gun Metal Gray Automag RT?

    Has anyone ever tried sandblasting a classic RT mainbody?

    #2
    I will be soon... I plan on powdercoating mine.
    And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

    “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

    And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

    Comment


      #3
      Do you want to polish it?

      Comment


        #4
        No. It's polished. I want to change it to a gun metal gray finish like a standard automag/minimag.

        Comment


          #5
          It won't actually look grey if you sandblast it. It will just be matte stainless like most stainless revolvers, which looks nice. If you want actual grey, your going to have to have it coated.

          Comment


            #6
            Gotcha. Thank you for the info.

            Comment


              #7
              Not a RT but Jordan have done it on a classic mag
              see picture in the midle of the post after bead blasting
              https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/c...-more-pictures

              Comment


                #8
                The original SS Automags were blasted, I've "re-blasted" many stainless bodies over the years. As long as the RT body is polished and not plated it will turn grey like you want.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by LukeAO View Post
                  The original SS Automags were blasted, I've "re-blasted" many stainless bodies over the years. As long as the RT body is polished and not plated it will turn grey like you want.
                  What media do you use? I've been using glass bead but the finish is not quite what I'm looking for.
                  And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

                  “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

                  And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Glass is generally pretty fine so you may need something more aggressive.. Can you post a picture?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by LukeAO View Post
                      Glass is generally pretty fine so you may need something more aggressive.. Can you post a picture?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	9Xc0e3Dh.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	113811
                      And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

                      “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

                      And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It looks like there's still media on the surface, but what do you not like about the finish?

                        Powder coating that would be just fine, just don't coat the bottom. Put a strip of high temp tape on the bottom where it mates with the rail, install the rail and clamp down with the front grip screw, then use a razor blade to trace the edge of the rail, then remove the tape outside the mating surface and you're ready to coat.
                        Last edited by LukeAO; 04-08-2021, 08:33 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by LukeAO View Post
                          It looks like there's still media on the surface, but what do you not like about the finish?

                          Powder coating that would be just fine, just don't coat the bottom. Put a strip of high temp tape on the bottom where it mates with the rail, install the rail and clamp down with the front grip screw, then use a razor blade to trace the edge of the rail, then remove the tape outside the mating surface and you're ready to coat.
                          The surface is a bit rough... is there additional prep needed after blasting? Its not the smooth grey finish that SS Mags have.
                          And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

                          “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

                          And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

                          Comment


                            #14
                            If it's rough it could be from brand new media or maybe it was to course. (Could have been high gun pressure too)
                            If your worried about it you could hit it with some wet 1000-1500 grit paper, or maybe just use your hands. Whatever the case, it probably wont take much to knock it down.

                            If were me I would coat it just like that, all the bodies I powder coated over the years had a rougher surface than that, when the powder flows out it should be smooth as glass.

                            At the least clean it good to make sure there isn't media stuck to the surface.

                            One other thing, I suggest you pick up a clamp-on feedneck and fit it to your liking. Most of the clamp on necks wont fit over a coated feedtube so you need to tape it off too.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X