instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainmaker pump assistance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rainmaker pump assistance

    Hey guys, hope all is well. I have a 1998 Rainmaker that I bought in 1998, along with a refurbished one that I robbed the board and some other parts from to keep my original one running.

    After some videos and reading I decided to turn my leftover parts into a pump. So far I removed the pin in the body that trips the sear, took apart the stock ram to use as a pump arm, and made a slightly shorter connection rod between the hammer and bolt.

    With this I can cock it and all, but not sure which direction to go with a trigger frame. I have an extra stock trigger frame/trigger that I was going to mess around with. Some folks mentioned an Angel ir3 frame can be modified to fit. Was wondering if anyone who did it could let me know what kind of sear situation they used and in what frame?

    Also if anyone has an extra rear block/HPR assembly laying around I’d definitely be interested. Thanks guys!

    #2
    For pump RMs I've mainly seen Angel LCD frames. When Rainman229 built his first 6 I believe he used primarily (if not for all) Angel LCD frames. Though I don't know what he did for a sear/trigger setup.
    New Feedback

    Comment


      #3
      Riot he’s got one of the originals. Maybe he can help might, even sell you his.

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the responses! I’ll have to see if I can’t find an lcd frame kicking around for sale. That leaves the sear problem still though, I’ll have to see what I can rig up there.

        Riot, should you have a completed one that you might want to sell let me know. Not sure what the going price is on something like this. I wanted to feel accomplished by building one myself, but I think to get a new backblock/hpr assembly I’m going to have to buy a whole gun anyway, so if it turns out to be pumped already and made by someone with more experience than I, that might not be a bad thing.

        Comment


        • Chuck E Ducky

          Chuck E Ducky

          commented
          Editing a comment
          He’s got pictures of it posted in the Marker of the month pump addition thread.

        #5
        What state is your RM?
        I have a sweet spot for lost causes ... And always wanted to pick up RM ...
        Love my brass ... Love my SSR ... Hard choices ...

        XEMON's phantom double sided feed

        Keep your ATS going: Project rATS 2.0
        My Feedback

        Comment


          #6
          There’s a decent amount still there. I think enough to make a pump out of it, once I figure out the sear situation that is. But to restore it to its normal semi condition it would need the front plastic covers, ram, and board. The rear block was gutted so it would need either a new one of those, or an Automag vertical asa and hpr like my original one as pictured.

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by oats944 View Post
            There’s a decent amount still there. I think enough to make a pump out of it, once I figure out the sear situation that is. But to restore it to its normal semi condition it would need the front plastic covers, ram, and board. The rear block was gutted so it would need either a new one of those, or an Automag vertical asa and hpr like my original one as pictured.
            Sounds like a great mech-conversion project.
            And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

            “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

            And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

            Comment


              #8
              Hmmm that could be interesting. I did a little searching. Looks like a cocker trigger frame/lpr/3-way hooked up to the stock rainmaker ram? But unlike a cocker the trigger pull would just pull the hammer forward and trip it against the horizontal bar in the lower tube to fire? Hopefully that’s not way off.

              Only downer is my leftovers don’t include a stock ram. Is there a generic ram out there that’s still available and would work in its place?

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by oats944 View Post
                Hmmm that could be interesting. I did a little searching. Looks like a cocker trigger frame/lpr/3-way hooked up to the stock rainmaker ram? But unlike a cocker the trigger pull would just pull the hammer forward and trip it against the horizontal bar in the lower tube to fire? Hopefully that’s not way off.

                Only downer is my leftovers don’t include a stock ram. Is there a generic ram out there that’s still available and would work in its place?
                Yes, and yes.

                Both Clippard and Bimba make a ram - or you can buy a Humphreys ram from PPS, the ram they use for Typhoons is the same IIRC - and yes, a Rainmaker is an auto triggering pump at it's core.

                I did a sleeper mech conversion - William the Third owns it now, I believe - that used the stock frame with some pneumatics mounted inside.

                And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

                “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

                And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

                Comment


                  #10
                  Ok awesome, thanks so much for your help Jordan!

                  Comment


                    #11
                    I sold my pump to Glaman back in the day (when I was DeTrevni). Rainmakers used to be my jam. I've owned Rainmans Warped Painmaker, I've still got his raw Ultralight body, I've got an AKA valve tucked away, and yes, I have another original Rainman pump lying around somewhere right now. These things were the ultimate tinker fodder.

                    I don't know if the original question was answered, but the pump sear tripper was a bent rod directly attached to the trigger on an Angel LCD frame. I can't remember if it was pressed in or tacked. But the rounded part of the bent rod would trip the sear. Bang.

                    Comment


                    • glaman5266

                      glaman5266

                      commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I do miss that one. Shouldn’t have traded it.

                    #12
                    Thanks Magoo, I was messing with a straight rod attached to the trigger originally with no luck. I’m glad you mentioned bent rod. One coat hanger and pen spring later I have it reliably pumping and firing. A little janky if I do say so, but it works for now.

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Hah! That's a slick little solution! See, that's why I like Rainmakers. Just send it.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Made some good progress the last week. My coat hanger sear is holding up well and managed to get a sniper pump handle mounted. Just need to find a non-jacked rear block to finish the ‘ole girl.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          Hey y’all, chasing a leak now, hoping one of you fine gents might assist. First it was from where the back block inserts, then where I capped the hole in the hpr cylinder, then where the lpr connects, then from the capped velocity adjustment screw, then the cap opposite the macro line fitting, then from the bolt cover detent. Never all at the same time.

                          I replaced orings and Teflon tape as needed and finally gassed it up with no leaks. Took 3 shots and then a massive leak down the barrel. I messed around with the cup seal/spring with no luck. It’s looks in good shape. I’m assuming this is a cup seal issue? Since I can’t find spares anywhere online, will a cocker or other cup seal work?

                          Thanks so much guys

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X