instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2K, very specific seal.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    B2K, very specific seal.

    Hey guys,

    So I'm fixing up a B2K I picked up. Everything is running great, except for a leak in the grip frame. I decided to pull the solenoid and 4way off, and I have found this:



    Am I screwed? I don't even know where to begin finding this particular seal.


    #2
    I think Myrkul just dealt with the same thing, and found someone with some parts...
    Velcor will save us...

    Current MCB Feedback : https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...opusx-feedback
    Legacy MCB Feedback (Wayback Machine)

    Comment


      #3
      This the one that was for sale in Tottenham?

      Maybe some gasket maker in the groove?

      Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk



      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by OpusX View Post
        I think Myrkul just dealt with the same thing, and found someone with some parts...
        Thanks for tagging him, if he doesn't post I'll shoot him a message.

        Originally posted by Toestr View Post
        This the one that was for sale in Tottenham?

        Maybe some gasket maker in the groove?

        Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


        It is the one from Tottenham. Snagged that and an Ion from them. Everything has been ridden hard and put away wet.

        Juts have to deal with this and one other problem and the B2K is good to go.

        Comment


          #5
          Lucky for you, that's not a custom seal at all. It's a 90 durometer urethane -010 oring. It's just squished into that opening. The urethane rotted over time and fell apart because that's what urethane does. Especially Chinese urethane (which is what was used in that manifold).

          You should be able to use a standard black buna -010 oring there. Before I get too far ahead of myself I'm about 90% positive that it is a -010, but there's a chance it's a different size. What I know with 100% confidence is that it is an off the shelf oring.

          Let us know if that works. I do have a manifold I can dig out and confirm sizes if that is what is needed.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by forumreader View Post
            Lucky for you, that's not a custom seal at all. It's a 90 durometer urethane -010 oring. It's just squished into that opening. The urethane rotted over time and fell apart because that's what urethane does. Especially Chinese urethane (which is what was used in that manifold).

            You should be able to use a standard black buna -010 oring there. Before I get too far ahead of myself I'm about 90% positive that it is a -010, but there's a chance it's a different size. What I know with 100% confidence is that it is an off the shelf oring.

            Let us know if that works. I do have a manifold I can dig out and confirm sizes if that is what is needed.
            I'll have to source some, unfortunately I don't have much for orings kicking around. I'll give it a go and report back.

            Love your username by the way.

            Comment


              #7
              A -010 is very common and you should be able to get it at most hardware stores. They probably won't call it a -010, but that number just means it is a 3/8" OD and 1/4" ID seal with a 1/16" cross section.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by OpusX View Post
                I think Myrkul just dealt with the same thing, and found someone with some parts...
                Nah, I was dealing with a stripped out manifold (that whole silver piece). On the top there you should just be able to throw in a buna "o" ring. If you remove the solenoid from the manifold there is a proprietary gasket between the two pieces, (they aren't too hard to find). But for what you pictured just take it to a hard ware store and drop an "o" ring in.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Myrkul View Post

                  Nah, I was dealing with a stripped out manifold (that whole silver piece). On the top there you should just be able to throw in a buna "o" ring. If you remove the solenoid from the manifold there is a proprietary gasket between the two pieces, (they aren't too hard to find). But for what you pictured just take it to a hard ware store and drop an "o" ring in.
                  Unfortunately the fastener stores don't open on weekends, so Monday I should be able to head out and find something.

                  Thanks for the help guys.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X