instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separate sub-forum for tanks and AT assets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I can’t support another section until every visits the sidearm sub forum and does their pasta duty.

    Comment


      #17
      OK, I see that a dedicated sub-forum is not a feasible idea at this time. It is a pity, as some tankers and AT crews are using FB or other channels that do not serve the same purpose as a discussion forum. An exchange of ideas is almost not happening there. So maybe in a while.

      Comment


        #18
        I thought it was a cool idea . For what it’s worth.

        Comment


          #19
          I dont see why there could at least be a post trying to regroup discussion on tank and AT
          and if there is enough interest in it you could check with a mod to create a sub section with pictures, build thread and discussion

          You can start one here and see how it goes.
          https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/p...aneous-markers

          Comment


          • SEAR
            SEAR commented
            Editing a comment
            Good idea. I'll consider it, thanks!

          #20
          You could just start with a tank/AT thread like this one.

          Comment


          • SEAR
            SEAR commented
            Editing a comment
            I could. But the thread "disappears" in a big groups such as "The Dead Zone" quickly. Moreover I'm not sure there are any tankers or AT crews left over here.
            Last edited by SEAR; 10-16-2021, 12:36 PM.

          #21
          What are tanks and AT's actually using for launchers these days? I almost only see Havoks and from what I've picked up on most fields ain't really allowing homemade launchers?

          For what its worth I think Tank and AT would fall under the "Custom Projects" or "DIY tech" fourms, I would love to see this kinda stuff on here.

          Comment


          • SEAR
            SEAR commented
            Editing a comment
            In US, it is (sadly) pretty much what you described. Simple and pretty much the same launchers for tanks and anti-tank, foam rockets agains tanks and fortifications only, little innovation in the past 20 years afaik :/

          #22
          Yep, Havoc launchers are the standard because just about every field accepts 2* nerf and KNA rockets. I haven't personally seen a JCS launcher on the field since, well, the last time I used one. Sear, what innovation(s) do you have in mind?

          custar

          Comment


            #23
            I mean innovations like marking chalk rounds so there is no need for referees to be present everywhere (vehicle hits will be very well visible). And that could potentially enable anti-personnel usage at long distances and more realistic tactical impact of tanks (so tanks won't be just MG bunkers anymore).

            Hand-held AT weapons could use some invention as well (they may be styled as PzF or RPG, but still shoot the same foam rounds). Even simple and effective short-range AT grenades (such as Panzerwurfmine) - nonexistent!

            Effective and safe mortar systems with tactical usage? Again, almost none. That is what I mean by the lack of innovation

            My personal goal is to merge paintball and WWII reenactment (strongly emphasizing paintball part of course). But this is a long run as well.
            Last edited by SEAR; 10-19-2021, 01:11 PM. Reason: More info

            Comment


              #24
              Would love to attend one of these events. They look like a blast.

              Comment


              • SEAR
                SEAR commented
                Editing a comment
                Let's see what happens first. You coming to Europe or my creations reaching US

              • NONOBLITUS

                NONOBLITUS

                commented
                Editing a comment
                Europe has some fun looking fields , at least from what I have seen in videos.

              #25
              Originally posted by SEAR View Post
              I mean innovations like marking chalk rounds so there is no need for referees to be present everywhere (vehicle hits will be very well visible). And that could potentially enable anti-personnel usage at long distances and more realistic tactical impact of tanks (so tanks won't be just MG bunkers anymore).
              Chalk might work. Paintballs embedded into the nose of rockets has been tried and did not work well. Taking out buildings with AT is another matter. Considering some of the buildings are so covered by paint that chalk wouldn't make a discernible mark, refs in that circumstance would still be needed. As far as tanks being just MG bunkers, that has not been my experience. Especially at OK D-Day, the tanks are more than mobile bunkers. I was involved in a number of engagements between three to five tanks from each side. I guess the effectiveness of tanks depends on the game's rules and the ingenuity of the tankers.

              Originally posted by SEAR View Post
              Hand-held AT weapons could use some invention as well (they may be styled as PzF or RPG, but still shoot the same foam rounds).
              Agreed on that. There are not a lot of Havocs available for sale. A new supplier would be welcome.

              BTW, at OK D-Day AT was marker-in-a-tube. The tube had to have some semblance to a Panzerfaust or Panzershrek for German player and a PIAT or bazooka for Allied players. It is a lot different hunting tanks when the AT player and the tank's AP have the same range.

              Originally posted by SEAR View Post
              Effective and safe mortar systems with tactical usage? Again, almost none.
              Agreed on this also. The only ones I know of were made by Scepter, and IIRC, only about 200 total were made. The mortars worked better than the hand-held 37mm launcher.

              Originally posted by SEAR View Post
              That is what I mean by the lack of innovation
              Thanks for the discussion and the thoughts. Hopefully, paintball will recover to the point there is money to be made in innovations in this area.

              custar

              Comment


                #26
                Originally posted by custar View Post

                Chalk might work. Paintballs embedded into the nose of rockets has been tried and did not work well. Taking out buildings with AT is another matter. Considering some of the buildings are so covered by paint that chalk wouldn't make a discernible mark, refs in that circumstance would still be needed. As far as tanks being just MG bunkers, that has not been my experience. Especially at OK D-Day, the tanks are more than mobile bunkers. I was involved in a number of engagements between three to five tanks from each side. I guess the effectiveness of tanks depends on the game's rules and the ingenuity of the tankers.
                custar
                Paintballs in the nose are worthless, I agree. But the hit with the chalk round makes a big puff of colored cloud. On our games, players themselves are often able to tell the hit and react accordingly. The same with targeting infantry at long distances, which is the greatest benefit of this ammo.
                You can have tank vs tank engagements with foam rounds, but you are stick to paintball markers against infantry.

                Originally posted by custar View Post
                Agreed on that. There are not a lot of Havocs available for sale. A new supplier would be welcome.

                BTW, at OK D-Day AT was marker-in-a-tube. The tube had to have some semblance to a Panzerfaust or Panzershrek for German player and a PIAT or bazooka for Allied players. It is a lot different hunting tanks when the AT player and the tank's AP have the same range.
                custar
                My idea is more about shooting Panzerfaust 30k or PIAT, where the whole realistic-looking warhead and not just a paintball or a foam round comes from the inside and is able to hit target at 30-50 yards. It is not only about the visual impression, but about the whole experience of using the weapon and shooting it

                Comment


                  #27
                  Let me please "revive" this thread. Amongst more complex things I'm working on, I made an advanced prototype of a German Panzerwurfmine (PWM), "kurz" (canvas-stabilized) variant. Originally it was a weapon slightly preceding Panzerfaust, used to the war's end by tank-hunter teams. And it was copied and used by USSR in mass as RPG-43/RPG-6 even long after the war.
                  It was the AT grenade meant to be thrown in high arc, falling to the tank/vehicle vertically and penetrating its weaker top armor (PWM had penetration about 140 mm, which was pretty devastating).
                  Now the principle works quite well and with several experiments I made it stabilized, even though it is very light compared to the original. With the effective range around 20 meters it is not far from the original (~25 m)

                  Would you imagine using it on big games in US with tanks/vehicles present? It is supposed to replace some arbitrary ways of eliminating vehicles (smoke grenades, bangers, or none at all), but not compete much with Nerf football launchers or our future Panzerfaust with longer effective range and more practical flatter trajectory.

                  Here is an innocent video from the prototype testing: https://youtu.be/7-ZVxtSK2C8
                  The body is reusable and "warheads" are quickly replaceable.

                  Comment


                    #28
                    The problem with that as well as other attempts to build mortars, grenade launchers or other artillery is there is a chance a player will be struck from an object out of the sky. This as a general principle is not allowed due to liability issues. While I personally do not see a particular large "risk" with this in today's culture ANY liability risk appears to be unacceptable.
                    "When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

                    Feedback Link - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...del-s-feedback

                    Comment


                      #29
                      Originally posted by Grendel View Post
                      The problem with that as well as other attempts to build mortars, grenade launchers or other artillery is there is a chance a player will be struck from an object out of the sky. This as a general principle is not allowed due to liability issues. While I personally do not see a particular large "risk" with this in today's culture ANY liability risk appears to be unacceptable.
                      Well a traditional paintball grenade could hit you from top as well when lobbed high. With a very similar force as our AT grenade. I don't see the issue here, really.

                      Comment


                        #30
                        What is the material used in the construction and what is the weight? Amd is there a 12g in it or its just the impact?

                        video look fun
                        But I agree with Grendel safety need to be check and have agreement with the field you are planning to use it

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X