instagram takipci satin al - instagram takipci satin al mobil odeme - takipci satin al

bahis siteleri - deneme bonusu - casino siteleri

bahis siteleri - kacak bahis - canli bahis

goldenbahis - makrobet - cepbahis

cratosslot - cratosslot giris - cratosslot

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next step in PB goggle technology: magnetic interchangeable lenses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I hope magnetic lenses never become a thing. Replacement lenses for anything other than clear are already expensive and I can’t imagine adding magnets to them would make them any cheaper.
    https://last.fm/user/mensoman

    Comment


      #17
      Magnet packs, magnet triggers, magnet hopper lids... Seems like another marketing ploy from Big Magnet. No thanks, man, I can change my lens when I’m dead.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by SignOfZeta View Post
        ...pointless crap nobody needs. Therefore, I’m sure it will be on the Dye i6, and I’m sure the Dye i6 will be too small for %25 of the people who buy it just like the i5 and the i4. They will “invest” in the magnets before they “invest” in ditching “one size fits all” because it’s easier to market gimmicks than quality, especially to paintball people who seem to be, aggregately, the most aggressively willing to be hoodwinked group of dim bulbs I can name outside of a Tony Robbins convention.

        So in short, yeah, you’re right. We’ll probably see it, but I’ll still use a Flex.
        You make me look like an optimist. I salute your grizzled weltanschaaung, sir
        Dulce et decorum est pro comoedia mori

        Comment


          #19


          Originally posted by SignOfZeta View Post
          Dye i6 will be too small for %25 of the people who buy it just like the i5 and the i4.
          Hey hey hey, let's pump the brakes and give us small heads a chance to have a decent mask for a change

          I like the idea of the strap on the i5, I just can't tighten it down enough for my liking (I still feel it's safe, I would just like it tighter) which is the main reason I'm getting rid of it and going for a push unite when I work up the cash

          Speaking of which, while it's not for the lens, the push unite does use magnets for the chin strap, you can clip it one handed, basically just get the two ends close to each other and the magnets pull them together and lock them. Really cool design

          Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #20
            Maybe some day the technology will exist to make MORE THAN ONE SIZE. Like shoes, pants, gloves, iPhones, pizzas, etc. Some day!

            The i5 strap sucks. Just another thing to break. The quest for instantaneous adjustment of a strap...how often do I ever adjust the strap on a mask once I’ve worn it in? Maybe once a year to compensate for stretch. Do I need that to be instantaneous? Why? It’s the same thing with the lens.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by SignOfZeta View Post
              Maybe some day the technology will exist to make MORE THAN ONE SIZE. Like shoes, pants, gloves, iPhones, pizzas, etc. Some day!

              The i5 strap sucks. Just another thing to break. The quest for instantaneous adjustment of a strap...how often do I ever adjust the strap on a mask once I’ve worn it in? Maybe once a year to compensate for stretch. Do I need that to be instantaneous? Why? It’s the same thing with the lens.

              For some reason, tourney players want quick lense changes and tiny masks. I don't get it, but I'm a rec baller, so I'm probably not missing out on anything.

              You're not the targeted demographic and neither am I, that's all.
              And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

              “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

              And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

              Comment


                #22
                I don't see why magnets couldn't be incorporated into a locking system, but I don't know if they would pass scrutiny as the only thing holding the lens in. I agree that cost-wise we have already entered the era of $60 lens, and $40-$50 even for most clear lenses, and I'm sick of it. More magnetic tech is cool, but I don't know if lenses are the best place for it simply because of the direction lenses are already headed. I would like to see improvements in thermal barrier adhesives and scratch resistance on the inner lens panes more than anything.

                I wear the Push masks now, and I typically remove the lens for cleaning of both the lens and mask after almost every day of play (what can I say, I suck and get shot in the face a lot). Disassembly is easy enough to do once an outing, I don't know if a magnetic system would be beneficial even if it is super cool. The system described for the magnetic Ski goggles almost sounds like more of a pain than some of the quick change paintball lenses. When I was wearing the Virtue masks I was always getting paint splash around the edges of the outer lens causing the thermal barriers to fail constantly, and I had to clean the back edges of my lens and the rims of my frames meticulously and I hated it. The Push lenses seem to not have this issue due to better rim design, but I would still like to see improvements.

                New Feedback

                Comment


                • Magmoormaster
                  Magmoormaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I relate to this on so many levels. I too switched from VIOs to the Push mask. Or rather, I've had a VIO for a few years now and just recently got a Push. I both, depending on circumstances. Anyway, I find the Push locking system to be very flawed; I've come off the field only to find my lens unlocked and about to fall out. Could have been user error though. Not that this thread is really about this, but I still like the VIOs a little better, mostly because of the foam. I agree about the rim design, but I find the lens easier to remove on the VIO as well.

                #23
                Magnets sound good to me.
                LINK TO FEEDBACK:
                https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forum/b...ogg-s-feedback

                Comment


                  #24
                  Actually I think our goggles come from Racing lenses like the JT dirt bike goggle systems. So, na we'll never see... oh crap.
                  https://www.havocracingco.com/products/havoc-tempest

                  They do exist.

                  Comment


                    #25
                    Originally posted by Jordan View Post


                    For some reason, tourney players want quick lense changes and tiny masks. I don't get it, but I'm a rec baller, so I'm probably not missing out on anything.

                    You're not the targeted demographic and neither am I, that's all.
                    I don't know about the quick change lenses because even flex's are quick to change. I just want lenses that arent defective and are affordable enough to replace as often as I would like.

                    The small mask thing I do understand. With the Dye i4 you can almost pull a proper cheek weld on a rifle stock without interfering with the mask. When you run a big fat 72ci tank with almost no drop, the tank ends up being all on your face and jaw. The small mask like an i4 doesn't get pushed around by that fat tank being right in your way.

                    My biggest problem with these now is just how they sound inside, like I'm breathing in my own ear. Versus a flex. The heat used to bother me more but now that I'm old I care about my own comfort less. I don't like being deaf though.

                    Comment


                      #26
                      Originally posted by Cunha View Post

                      I don't know about the quick change lenses because even flex's are quick to change. I just want lenses that arent defective and are affordable enough to replace as often as I would like.

                      The small mask thing I do understand. With the Dye i4 you can almost pull a proper cheek weld on a rifle stock without interfering with the mask. When you run a big fat 72ci tank with almost no drop, the tank ends up being all on your face and jaw. The small mask like an i4 doesn't get pushed around by that fat tank being right in your way.

                      My biggest problem with these now is just how they sound inside, like I'm breathing in my own ear. Versus a flex. The heat used to bother me more but now that I'm old I care about my own comfort less. I don't like being deaf though.
                      Use a smaller tank, then?

                      Thats my beef with modern stuff, you're stuck with whatever ASA placement the manufacturer decided on.

                      I'd love a mask that fits closer to the face, but the ones that do don't offer enough coverage. Maybe the mask companies can work on that instead of magnetic lenses.
                      And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

                      “But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

                      And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them."

                      Comment


                        #27


                        Originally posted by Jordan View Post

                        Use a smaller tank, then?

                        Thats my beef with modern stuff, you're stuck with whatever ASA placement the manufacturer decided on.

                        .
                        My god, someone who speaks the truth of wisdom

                        Honestly this is one of my main reasons why I will or will not buy a marker, can I move the asa?

                        Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #28
                          Originally posted by Trbo323 View Post



                          My god, someone who speaks the truth of wisdom

                          Honestly this is one of my main reasons why I will or will not buy a marker, can I move the asa?

                          Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                          Well, you could always strap it to your back with a remote line.
                          This seems like a problem for a very small amount of players. You can solve it, but it will be an expensive solution because the mass market doesn't demand it.

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Originally posted by martix_agent View Post
                            Well, you could always strap it to your back with a remote line.
                            This seems like a problem for a very small amount of players. You can solve it, but it will be an expensive solution because the mass market doesn't demand it.
                            Then I have nothing to put against my shoulder and off have shooting is very difficult, no thanks

                            That and pretty much all the markers that are gas through grip are at least somewhat boring to me

                            Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X