View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
dukie
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Yep, the picture is an RTR trigger, Carter, Redux and CIP triggers are all similar in layout and location of the pins. I should have take a picture from the back or top as well, I have several triggers like that in my collection.

Steve took the adjustable stop idea a step further with the Redux with a back stop screw that you could adjust while the trigger was installed in the frame! See the screw that's in the middle speed hole:
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/IMGP0197.jpg

Hm, that would be a good use of the brass shim stock I have lying around, I used like 5 in^2 of a 10 foot roll. Do you have pics of the way you modified your trigger with shim dukie?

Lol, I figured you couldn't go wider without redesigning the entire frame! There would be like less than 1/16" wall on both sides of the trigger if you made the trigger 1/4" wide with the existing frame?
Yeah 1/16" is WAAAY too thin. I wanted more than the 1/8" I got for threads lol. Stupid pretty stuff! GOing to be a pain in the arse the day that rad cutter dies. Its modified up the yin yang to make those radius edges work.

No I don't have pics. I don't have any brass shim in the shop or I would have thrown some in with each one lol. Just bend an "__|" one for each end. THe short leg just keeps it from falling out, the long leg provides the bearing surface. I did it on a really crappy cocker slide years ago and made an unbelievable trigger pull. I did leave space for it as you can't just polish the top down to fit with a retainer pin. It was a CYA design decision

The trigger doesn't need to be modified to do this, just adding the shim and wet sanding the sliding surface if you find it still needs it.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote