Thread: Which one?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Working hard
Fatal's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA

Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
Sound signature varies more with the barrel used. All these markers use highly similar internal components.

One thing you will need is some sort of barrel kit which has different sized backs. Most people use either the CCM factory barrel kit or a freak barrel kit (deadlywind barrels, in particular). Sniper pumps (CCM and others as well) rely on friction to hold the ball in place at the back of the barrel. If you try to use a barrel that doesn't match your paint, it will roll out...hence the need for a flexible approach to sizers.
I have a deadly wind freak kit already, I have a phantom now so I know all about the roll outs haha. Fixed that with the dentent rings. But is it true if you don't hold the pump handle forward the shot will be quieter due to velocity drop?
Fatal is offline   Reply With Quote