View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cunha
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

He made good parts that were consistent and stayed in business.

Not the smoothest or the sweetest but just right and yeah the take down rocks. I don't think that the easier field stripping made it win. I think the business design did. He made em in house with overhead covered and at a price that competitors couldn't beat for the same level of performance. It's just a killer value proposition. I can get a brand new made in USA body in a variety of colors for under 39 dollars. No one else even comes close.

The phantom is so dialed that most people making Nelson's just make bodies for phantoms. Go make a set of Nelson guts that work well for cheaper than you can buy from CCI. It ain't happening. Even if you could get a better feel like the marginal improvement is just not worth it.

I've had a lot of Nelson's I think feel better than a phantom but the whole package doesn't stand up to the phantom.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote