View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
punkncat
One Foot Less

Not that I am any help...I live in GA, but sure wish I could. I recall in the paintball heydays that there were quite a few fields around ME. I played at a place called Crossfire that was amazing, now long gone, and there was another field up by Rangely that I am sure has been gone too.

I feel your "pain" as it were. The local field that I like to play has been on life support for years. I reached out every way I know and Facebook was the only thing that had any effect at all on turnout and even at that was unreliable at best. A whole lot of "I'll be there" followed up by being at the field with two other people.

I don't know if I would go so far as to call all that time a waste. You were doing what you are passionate for. IDK what the future will hold for paintball as a whole...as you say, there have to be some hot spots for the sport, but even around here as populated as Atlanta is, finding a good place to play holds challenges, or drive time. Perhaps you cultivate your "2nd" job for a while, keep some feelers out and see what happens.

Best of luck to you.