mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-20-2019, 01:09 AM   #351 (permalink)
I do what I do

Playing around with a stand. Block screws onto ASA and then slides into the base.

Credit goes to this one on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2917923

Grabbed the thread mesh from that one and drew up the rest of it using the original geometry for inspiration. I didn't really like how the original mounted in the base.

gerth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:49 AM   #352 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Print question. What type of glue is good to patch hairline fractures in a printed piece?

I was thinking super glue, but thought'd I'd check first.

On a side note: DO NOT USE RAINX FOR PLASTICS ON 3D PRINTED PIECES! It seems to seep into any little imperfection and make it bigger, like hammering a wood wedge into a crack.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #353 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

Depending on the crack, I've had some success with plastic "welding". Just use a soldering iron and a piece of waste filament, and pretend like you're TIG welding.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #354 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Life kind of got in the way and my Ender 3 has gone largely ignored lately. I'm starting to get it dialed back in again, but I'm getting tired of having to go through this process every time I decide to resume printing on my warped bed again. So, I decided to pull the trigger on Creality's BLTouch kit to add automatic bed leveling to my printer. It includes the sensor, a bracket and all of the necessary hardware to flash the firmware on the printer. I'm hoping that this will make my on and off again printing much easier in the long run.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:39 AM   #355 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
Print question. What type of glue is good to patch hairline fractures in a printed piece?

I was thinking super glue, but thought'd I'd check first.

On a side note: DO NOT USE RAINX FOR PLASTICS ON 3D PRINTED PIECES! It seems to seep into any little imperfection and make it bigger, like hammering a wood wedge into a crack.
I used to not be a fan of super glue. Now I use it all the time (higher quality and different viscosities for different tasks helps) for wood. I would say thin CA is a good choice if you can't get into the crack and need it to seep in. Medium CA if you can get it in the crack better.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #356 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
So, I decided to pull the trigger on Creality's BLTouch kit to add automatic bed leveling to my printer. It includes the sensor, a bracket and all of the necessary hardware to flash the firmware on the printer. I'm hoping that this will make my on and off again printing much easier in the long run.
There's an upgrade for my prusa that came out a month after my purchase which helps with transparent and soft filaments. It is cheap, but involves reconstruction of the extruder which is working fine otherwise. I'm not in a hurry to dig back into that.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #357 (permalink)
paintball designs

Here's something I've been working on: parts for a fishing rod holder for my new pontoon boat.

apoc4lypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:26 PM   #358 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
While I didn't print anything particularly complicated today, I did manage to get a bed level test out this evening after installing a BLTouch on my Ender 3. After getting the calibration correct and modifying my start gcode with a custom script I found on Reddit, I had what was probably my best first layer of all time. This sensor was able to map out my bed to 1/100th of a mm in nine locations. I almost felt bad scraping the test off the glass.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #359 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
I've got the beginnings of my next print going now. Any guesses as to what it is? Thanks for sharing this model, Ty. Shhhh...

6d7021a1-2957-4b17-952e-fe55ce198726.jpg

Last edited by Obake; 07-31-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: picture
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:29 PM   #360 (permalink)
MCB Member

Probably wrong but imma guess some sort of rain cover / silencers cause thats what im imagining. Nice setup
ReconSWS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing