mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-29-2018, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Almost finished with the second trial print in PLA. Somehow my extruder decided to stop feeding halfway through the first one. But checking the half piece from the first try it fits smooth. Time to tap and post production smoothing. Anyone know the threads on the bolts that connect the pump back plate to the vendetta delrin handle? I know the pump arm is 10/32, just need to know the others. Thanks
Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Second trial done, along with post production smoothing for the barrel inset. Gotta say, you did a great job on the dimensions. With a small amount of 320 grit on the barrel cavity and an expanding dowel, she glides with zero friction or play. Very very nice concept to include both rods and the barrel. Can't wait to test in game.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Second trial done, along with post production smoothing for the barrel inset. Gotta say, you did a great job on the dimensions. With a small amount of 320 grit on the barrel cavity and an expanding dowel, she glides with zero friction or play. Very very nice concept to include both rods and the barrel. Can't wait to test in game.
Thanks Clueless. I will be receiving mine tomorrow from Shapeways. Good to hear everything worked out. Can’t wait to receive mine. Post up some pics if you have any!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1855356
pumpsendicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Still some smoothing to be done, but the tolerances are dead on. Settings on the PLA print were 3x shell wall, 20% Hexagonal fill, speed fast(setting versus choice on my cheapo da vinci jr. for prototyping), and unfortunately ran a brim. It will print without a brim, but supports are needed for the internal cavity. great design pumpsendicate, looking forward to playing with it Saturday. I'll update with pics of it on the marker. Sorry for the poor lighting.

Last edited by Clueless; 07-02-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Got mine in from Shapeways. ( Pa12 Nylon or "Versatile Plastic") Fit and Finish was perfect. I think I undersized the hole for the pump rod just a tad smaller than it needs to be, I had to use a drill bit to enlarge it just slightly to get the pump rod to start threading in. Overall I'm very impressed with it, absolutely no wiggle, wobble or play of any sorts! I will paint it matte black tomorrow evening after work.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

So much nicer through SLS. How long was the turnaround?
Old 07-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
So much nicer through SLS. How long was the turnaround?
I placed my order on June 22nd and it arrived today.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nice! That setup looks super ergo.
808-Snek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

Came out good.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing