mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

How do you like the CF PETG? I keep thinking about buying some but haven't really had a specific need that justified it.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
So far, I'm really liking the eSun PETG. I've been reprinting everything for my PGP2 project in it with great results. The parts I've printed so far don't make use of many bridges or overhangs, but for solid parts, my modified PLA profile has been working very well. I'll need to play around with settings a bit if I want anything in fine detail though.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #33 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
So far, I'm really liking the eSun PETG. I've been reprinting everything for my PGP2 project in it with great results. The parts I've printed so far don't make use of many bridges or overhangs, but for solid parts, my modified PLA profile has been working very well. I'll need to play around with settings a bit if I want anything in fine detail though.

I'm enjoying the eSun PETG too, but u still get some stringing. What are your settings for it?
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
I'm enjoying the eSun PETG too, but u still get some stringing. What are your settings for it?
I mirrored your settings on page 2.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I mirrored your settings on page 2.

Ah, sweet. Are you getting some stringing then?
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
AKA ironyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
How do you like the CF PETG? I keep thinking about buying some but haven't really had a specific need that justified it.
For me, I prefer the way it prints over standard PETG. I use a hercules nozzle: https://www.p3-d.com/collections/dur...truder-nozzles and the finish comes out kind of a satin look, which I prefer over the normal gloss. I think it seems to string a little less too. Honestly, the atomic PETG seems to string a lot less than others, but I get a small little seam with their standard stuff even when I enable coasting. I'm sure it's a slicer thing, but I seldom do prints with cosmetic concerns so it's not that big of a deal to me. The CF comes out amazing almost every time.

I use this printer: https://www.amazon.com/Large-Intelli.../dp/B07JBXVCWG and their customer service is the best I've ever seen. They literally printed my files and then sent me the g-code when I was struggling with a couple parts.
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Ah, sweet. Are you getting some stringing then?
I honestly haven't tried anything that would produce that yet. So far, everything I've printed has been either flat or cylindrical with no bridging or overhangs. Although, the one time I tried printing something with supports mid-model, the supports turned to spaghetti. I suspect I'd need to print cooler with a higher fan speed to get them to stick. Thankfully the supports weren't needed after all, so I didn't screw with the settings any more.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

PETG is all too happy to self-adhere. Those supports probably failed for some other reason and then air printed as spaghetti. People usually report the opposite issue (they can't get PETG supports to let go).

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing