| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|10-08-2018, 04:16 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2015
Mako Shark - JT ER2 body kit - WIP
Me after the design dust had settled: "ah hell... I made a Tiger Shark"
(old info-original prototype, pic)
JT ER2 body kit test initially based on Deifox's barrel adapter https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3303626 . ER2 internals, 9 printed parts, shown with spyder threaded Tasco Eliminator barrel, rubber 45 grip wrap, Phantom pump rod and a bunch of misc hardware. Early stages of design. Notable features: floating grip, interchangeable barrel receiver part for various thread type use, all parts easily printed on a Replicator 1 build plate. More design and testing needed before the files are shared unless someone shows interest in collaboration. Work files are in Maya LT.
Because the internals are Brass Eagle legacy design and the marker already has a Tiger Shark look (that tasco Eliminator was sold with Stingray threads back in the day) I'm thinking of naming the project "Mako Shark".
Prototype parts printed with Inland PLA at pretty low settings geared for fast prints over structural integrity but they feel pretty good at those low settings. At 88mm/s, 16% infill, 2 layers bottom, 4 layers top and 2 shells the longest print time has been 1 hour for a body half.
Current state of the Prototype Mako (11/23/19)
- 2 piece Body Box for all JT ER2 internals (PLA)
- Straight compression feedneck for hoppers and a stockclass version with rough locking mecanism (ABS)
- 2 piece 45 Pistol Grip Guard (ABS)
- Grip wrap, first 2 layers PLA and the rest in soft NinjaFlex.
- Phantom pump rod on fatty dual guide Pump handle w/modular side panels for various grips/rails (PLA)
- 2 Side plates hold the guide rods and act as the main connector of the barrel adapter, body box and grip guard pieces. (ABS)
- Two piece "accidental elliptical-honed" printed barrel/breach based on the original spyder thread adapter by Deifox. Top fin support piece, mid barrel "gills" porting and acetone smoothed ID.
- RainMaker's ball detent in the barrel (ABS) https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3149965
-using printed speed feed remixed from this stick feed file from thingiverse
-Field tested for two days with a passing grade.
ER2 Modification Album
Test Shots 9-15-19
Last edited by AtomJaay; 09-28-2019 at 10:27 AM. Reason: update pic/vid/link
|10-08-2018, 04:41 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: San Diego
Link to my feedback:https://https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/287332-soolios-feedback.html
|10-10-2018, 04:30 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2015
2nd Prototype build with the air fittings in place, vertical feed neck, improved internal structure in the body box, ABS barrel adapter part, needs more design in floating grip for trigger pull comfort.
|11-05-2018, 02:34 AM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg
looks like the prototype of this;
Stuff I want or need evenually
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|