mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Very cool looking. If you could design it to fit the under mount kits instead of a Havoc with most of the parts of a rifle kit I would bet you could sell a handful of them.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

@The Flounder : Damn I guess the pistol grip mount is already part of the rifle set huh? I will make a variation that will fit the underbarrel kit. Thanks for the feedback.

What do you guys think about this look? I'm toying with the idea of adding more body/furniture to the front..

Versus the old concept :

Last edited by ReconSWS; 01-13-2019 at 09:42 PM.
ReconSWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Short vid nothing much to see just a bit of the stock : https://youtu.be/8LiJkILQEBU

Full gallery of better pics here : https://imgur.com/a/9QRHvJb
Old 01-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Under barrel version test. The rifle version is secure with only 1 bolt in the trigger frame area, unfortunately the underbarrel has no hole in the trigger frame. I can use the 1 bolt on the back, but it's high up, so a 2nd bolt will need to be drilled into the trigger frame for extra support, or just hot glue or something.

I'm on the last prototypes, will probably do a final solid fill version as next.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Finally got around to printing a more solid version and getting all the hardware to bolt it on. Just gotta find a macro-line fitting now.

There is a blemish on the grip because I tried a new printing orientation and supports might have gave.

Takes way too long to print, 20h for the grip HALF. Gotta try and optimize the mesh more.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Man that is awesome! And a holder for a 12 gram as well ingenious. I guarantee you could make some money off it.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks m8, will put it out there once I iron out all the kinks (maybe a non-air-thru version much sooner). I am unable to actually manufacture the 12g adapter though, since I can't find a cheap source for 12g piercing-pins (that seem so standard yet so illusive). I wouldn't want to make another zombie mish-mash of parts it's way to expensive and looks a bit rough, not mass reproducible.

So it's kind of difficult to say if other peoples 12g adaptors will fit. I assume they are all 1" dia. but some might be longer.

Got the macro-line to fit in (had to melt out the slot lol), but the angle on the line is a bit jarring, it might burst or leak when I go to test, we'll see.

So next update will likely have a 1" longer back end, altered geometry around macro line, and I will also probably imprint the "skeleton" on to the other blank side, but still not make it see-thru for strength, or maybe I'll just make it seethru, I donno.

Last edited by ReconSWS; 04-02-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

Well it looks gorgeous! You wouldn't know all those flaws you mentioned by looking at it. I see a few of them now that you mention it though. I really like the design though, purty!
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
pumpin'

This is looking good, can't wait to see some testing!
Brendanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

I hate to keep teasing and posting the same thing kinda, but I'm very slow to make progress :/

Printed a top rail, snugly screwed on, and a grip and side rail (double-sided taped on for now).

Right now I'm printing a longer back-half, 1.5" longer to give better macroline clearance, and to test the feel of a longer stock, and that one is also fully see-thru.

Also the fore-grip unfortunately obstructs the break-loading, going to have to use an angled-grip instead.

Last edited by ReconSWS; 04-07-2019 at 12:31 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing