mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Taso Rain Cover Drawing

Working on this file, I am sure as well as other designs, 12 hours of printing for the internals, probably not real worth while for most people. My "rain cover" ended up broken about 10 years back and have wanted to replace it for quite some time.

AmericanPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Sweet! I had one back in the day too.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Would you be willing to share the file if you have no plans to produce them?

Looks nice I always wanted to try a shortened down version something that will fit over the porting on a stock CCI barrel.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Would you be willing to share the file if you have no plans to produce them?

Looks nice I always wanted to try a shortened down version something that will fit over the porting on a stock CCI barrel.
I still need to print one of these, I think I may try a shorter version just to be able to print easier, the length makes it a challenge to print with the equipment I have at my disposal. I also am looking to see if I can make it work with a standard PVC pipe, as who wants to have to print a 8" tall tube if that's something that can be done.

This may be one of those not worth selling, and released eventually, but I want to make sure it functions first.

I also will make adjustments to fit other diameter barrels, Sheridan beings my first thought.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
808 State

Awesome! I'd as be interested in the file if you're willing.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I could only print about half of the part with the printer we have at work, and with it being printed on a 45 degree angle it isn't as pretty as i would like it. All and all it turned out decent, and from the best I can tell it will function.

I still haven't confirm if the ID will work with standard schedule 40 pvc. but the original O-Ring, foam, and sleeve slid on pretty nice.

Next will trying to figure how to either make it a two piece print, or best practice to glue it together.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Think you could make one the length of the Stock CCI barrel porting I bet that would be a big hit and easy to print. It could be much shorter then the standerd Tasso. Maybe just print the inside I bet you could find some aluminum tubing in the diameter and thickness you are looking for print around it with some Orings for retention.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Think you could make one the length of the Stock CCI barrel porting I bet that would be a big hit and easy to print. It could be much shorter then the standerd Tasso. Maybe just print the inside I bet you could find some aluminum tubing in the diameter and thickness you are looking for print around it with some Orings for retention.
All of my CCI parts are in storage currently, I will have to try to get my hands on them so I can see what I can do. I have toyed around with the idea of making it shorter, and will see how the success is for the sound deadening when shortened. hell its been so long I can't honestly remember how well the Taso one did.

As for the design you are talking about, are you meaning to make it slide over the barrel and its porting, and not have the extension hanging off the end of the gun? If so I would just need an O.D measurement of a barrel and how far down the barrel the porting goes and I can get a drawin'. If you mean something different shoot me a sketch, as my mind can't seem to grasp what you mean.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Exactly slide over maybe a small stop built in that slip fits over the existing porting over the outside. Room for packing material that’s vented back toward the user like a carter Whoosh tip. But just a slip fit one over an existing barrel.

The diameter is very similar to CCM stock barrels as well. Porting is just a lil longer on the CCM.

For the CCI it would only need to be about 3” long to cover the barrel porting. But I don’t know how effective it would actually be that short.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 02-07-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Exactly slide over maybe a small stop built in that slip fits over the existing porting over the outside. Room for packing material thatís vented back toward the user like a carter Whoosh tip. But just a slip fit one over an existing barrel.

The diameter is very similar to CCM stock barrels as well. Porting is just a lil longer on the CCM.

For the CCI it would only need to be about 3Ē long to cover the barrel porting. But I donít know how effective it would actually be that short.

I picked up my CCI parts, and started my design with an old Smart Parts All American barrel, it should give about 7" of porting, I think with this barrel it may be pretty successful. Once I have this one designed, I think it will work with the stock barrel as well.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing