mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hoppers?

I obviously have quite an obsession with the 90 round hopper by Viewloader. I have always thought that a 50 round was to small, and a 200 round is to large, obviously depending on the gamestyle etc., so to me the 90 round has been a go to over the years.

In my venture of making replica's for my own personal attempts to print, I have the VL 90 on the drawing board. I see some adjustments that need to be made, and also features to still finish, but was curious what people feel a fair market value on something like this is? I am thinking this is another item, not worth selling, as on draft quality it will have about 16 hours with the lid.

Also what other hoppers would people like to see a possible replica made? I have a 50 round WGP, and a 50 rd Taso Rambox. I always make as close to an original, then make some changes. I am thinking I will try to incorporate the CCI Feed Gate, and possibly making them with the 1" feedneck as well.

AmericanPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Law
MCB Member

I think with the multi-cal 100 round hoppers on the market now being so nice it would be pretty tough to sell these for more than $10 unless you added some niche features and they fed really well. But what do I know, the 50 round 3D printed winnys sold well I think. Sounds a like a fun project for you either way.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I always loved the WGP ammo box and the Taso Ram boxes. I remember making the first ones out of pennzoil plastic bottles.

Been playing since 1986
Woodsball/Tourney/late 90's NPPL/Recreational now

Sethzilla's feedback

sethzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to CLstevo-o

CCM Fan
What about a hopper with a 45 degree bend incorporated into the neck so right feed markers don’t need a elbow. Would be nice to keep it low profile. Maybe I’m just grabbing at straws but if it could be done I would definitely grab some.
CLstevo-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

geoff boxes are like $40 plus. id gladly pay $30-40 for a "new VL90. so long as it was durable, amd not outrageously heavy to be durable. but thats just me. pm me when you think you have a good prototyp, black plz!
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLstevo-o View Post
What about a hopper with a 45 degree bend incorporated into the neck so right feed markers donít need a elbow. Would be nice to keep it low profile. Maybe Iím just grabbing at straws but if it could be done I would definitely grab some.
I had tried to make a hopper (with pod scraps) that just had the neck angled at 45 degrees. Getting it to feed was a problem. It would certainly be compact, but the throat needs some prototyping. I forgot I could try this now.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing