mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Finally getting to love my printer...

There's no real point to this post, I'm just super happy with my recent print quality and wanted to share. It has been a long road for Agnes, who started as a junk FlSun Cube that printed badly enough that I basically only used it as a last resort machine.

So far I have had to change the kinematics, moved to linear rails, swapped extruders, new hotend, custom fan setups, moved to a different Z design, and enabled linear advance in firmware. All of this, in hopes of achieving performance that was at least on par with my sub $400 Wanhao Duplicator i3.

Well, after all of this, I'm finally (mostly) happy. I can lay PETG down with nearly zero stinging (what does sometimes manifest is thin as hair) and no perceptible ringing or shadowing. Just clean, detailed layers.

This turtle I printed for a coworker's birthday is probably my best print ever. I was nervous that the translucent filament would make the shell look bad, but it came out beautifully. The last change I'm planning is to swap stepper drivers in hopes of fixing the minor 'salmon skin' effect that shows up on certain prints.
IMAG2240.jpg

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions » 3D Printing