mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
lukescustoms.com

I can probably hit the requests made here on the frame plus a few more not mentioned. That said would you guys be willing to do a preorder on AO? (I dont think we can do it here) It would up to you guys to spread the word around to FB, other forums and friends to drum up interest. I wouldn't be dead set on an exact number to do them because people will either be interested or not. The more people interested the bigger my incentive to get it done. My sales target would more inline to my current production schedule and not a presold number. The new parts I'm currently working on would also be considered in the new Z-grips design as that has been my intention all along. I've had loose plans to do Z grips for awhile now, so it seems like a good time to put it out there.

On a side note, I have spoken to AGD and Tim has no plans or intentions on making them so no toes are being stepped on.

In regard to design, it's likely that the only thing I would retain from the original design would be the basic shape everything else would be tweaked and reworked.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I would definitely be interested in a preorder over on AO. Keep me/us posted! A tweaked Z-Grip sounds awesome !
RUN100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke-AO View Post
I can probably hit the requests made here on the frame plus a few more not mentioned. That said would you guys be willing to do a preorder on AO? (I dont think we can do it here) It would up to you guys to spread the word around to FB, other forums and friends to drum up interest. I wouldn't be dead set on an exact number to do them because people will either be interested or not. The more people interested the bigger my incentive to get it done. My sales target would more inline to my current production schedule and not a presold number. The new parts I'm currently working on would also be considered in the new Z-grips design as that has been my intention all along. I've had loose plans to do Z grips for awhile now, so it seems like a good time to put it out there.

On a side note, I have spoken to AGD and Tim has no plans or intentions on making them so no toes are being stepped on.

In regard to design, it's likely that the only thing I would retain from the original design would be the basic shape everything else would be tweaked and reworked.

Yes please!

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

@ Luke, Any ideas as to a price? Rough estimate
Random Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke-AO View Post
The Z was always too dedicated of a grip position for me, but the one iteration did seem to leave a lot on the table. I would think that reworking it would be very acceptable to real Z users and might attract some more.

The foregrip options, trigger, trigger guard, and bottom line mounting were all a bit clunky, especially for something that was sold on the basis of ergonomics. I would guess that the T-Rex would find a home in there, if possible. That would be good since the Z position is high-speed-ish.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
lukescustoms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I would guess that the T-Rex would find a home in there, if possible. That would be good since the Z position is high-speed-ish.
Yea it would for sure be setup for the T-Rex and the new LPR I'm currently working on. I have a new VASA coming out soon along with the LcMP90, all being released together.

Directly following those I have plans for 2 new ASA's designed to run with the sleeper LPR, perhaps one or both of those ASA's will address this>>

Quote:
and bottom line mounting were all a bit clunky, especially for something that was sold on the basis of ergonomics.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
lukescustoms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Name View Post
@ Luke, Any ideas as to a price? Rough estimate
To be safe I would say in the $200 range. It will come complete with grips, safety assembly, trigger, trigger pin and all associated hardware and extreme ULE milled. I would hope to get the frame down around 4-5 ounces. If it could be setup to use Intelli triggers I could get the price down but that's not doable with the radical geometry changes, which means all new fixtures to make them, which is an added cost.

Last edited by luke-AO; 12-04-2017 at 11:19 PM.
luke-AO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #28 (permalink)

I'm in
Random Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:11 AM   #29 (permalink)

I'm down for atleast 1 fully kitted and probably 1 mech only. It'd be cool if it were wide enough to support 1911 grips, but I see how your vasa would preclude that.
Lynxkcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
lukescustoms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxkcg View Post
I'm down for atleast 1 fully kitted and probably 1 mech only. It'd be cool if it were wide enough to support 1911 grips, but I see how your vasa would preclude that.
I wont be going with the 1911 grip platform because it put limits on the ULE milling and fitting a LPR in the frame.

Last edited by luke-AO; 12-05-2017 at 01:23 PM.
luke-AO is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs