mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
UnSon of WALZ

Single/Double trigger frame

It seems that much more often than not I see automags with double trigger than singles. Is that because doubles enable more comfortable rapid fire, or do you guys just like the way it feels in your hands?
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
trophy husband

It's more about rates of fire than comfort. A double-trigger is definitely easier to fire faster, since you have more leverage. There's less finger fatigue, and it's easier to sweet-spot a trigger if your mag can RT. And double triggers have more room for electronics or pneumatics. Double triggers are bulkier than single triggers, though, and some of the grips out there are downright disappointing.

I think another part of it, however, is just choice. There are LOTS of double-trigger options out there. Intelliframes, Benchmarks, Nummech frames, Luke's collection, Hyperframes....and that's just the short list I can think of at the moment. Not to mention all the custom frames and mods that people have done. You can fit an Angel frame onto a mag, or a Dye frame. Or a PMR frame. That makes your marker that much more unique and cool.

But it you just want to shoot straight and you don't care about rates of fire, stick to an AGD single-trigger frame with molded grips. You really can't beat it.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
the oddballer

wow another way autocockers and mag people are different. haha cocker folks tend to dislike hindge frames and love sliders. interesting.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

i prefer them for the lighter trigger pull and i have found myself using the middle finger by itself instead of using both. some people say single trigger frames are more accurate but i can't tell it.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
wow another way autocockers and mag people are different. haha cocker folks tend to dislike hindge frames and love sliders. interesting.
That all comes down to the mechanics of each platform. For a 'cocker, you are trying to actuate the 4-way by pulling it straight back which I think lends itself more towards the straight back pull of a slider. For a mag, you have the sear which hinges up and back, which lends itself more to a trigger with more leverage. I think a lot of it has to do with both the RT effect and the wave of pneumatic conversions with mags. It always seems easier to RT with a blade or double finger trigger and you can't walk a Pneumag with a single trigger even though I've tried, and my fingers are too fat.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
It's more about rates of fire than comfort. A double-trigger is definitely easier to fire faster, since you have more leverage. There's less finger fatigue, and it's easier to sweet-spot a trigger if your mag can RT. And double triggers have more room for electronics or pneumatics. Double triggers are bulkier than single triggers, though, and some of the grips out there are downright disappointing.

I think another part of it, however, is just choice. There are LOTS of double-trigger options out there. Intelliframes, Benchmarks, Nummech frames, Luke's collection, Hyperframes....and that's just the short list I can think of at the moment. Not to mention all the custom frames and mods that people have done. You can fit an Angel frame onto a mag, or a Dye frame. Or a PMR frame. That makes your marker that much more unique and cool.

But it you just want to shoot straight and you don't care about rates of fire, stick to an AGD single-trigger frame with molded grips. You really can't beat it.
^Pretty much this for me. I would add that comfort in the grip cuts the other way from shooting. When carrying around a full setup all day, the single AGD grip is usually lighter and easier to grip. The intelliframe does allow you to roll your hand over and run one or two fingers down the trigger at a nice angle, but the short bottom that is pushed away from the body doesn't carry well (depending on the setup).

I have three RT capable setups, all have single AGD frames. I like the control of the RT, which is more like select-fire.

The benchmark frames tend to be wider and heavier with a lighter, longer trigger pull, but low RT due to the shape on the back of the trigger.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs