mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Automag RT issues

Hello everyone, I have an Automag with RT valve, and ANS phase two bolt. Just changed all of the O-rings on it because the gun had a leaking issue. I think it was from the power tube. So after changing essentially all of the o-rings, the gun gasses up fine, first shot is perfect, then takes like 2 seconds to have enough pressure for a second normal shot. If I pull the trigger while it's building pressure up, it makes plop noise as if the bolt barely moves back and forth, You hear the gun hissing as it's building pressure. The gun remained gassed up after removing the tank, and the power tube nut seems to be getting lose. weird. Any ideas? text me if you want. 732-320-8185 -sean
redstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

I was recently advised to stay away from the ANS Phase 2 bolt because it is apparently too soft and is prone to deformation. I was told that this bolt is notorious for being the cause of many hard-to-diagnose problems.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply, but same issue with a stock bolt
Old 10-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
sounds like the output pressure of your tank is just barely enough to fire it. it has to build the pressure back up to fire the second shot. OR you have your tank bottomed out in the ASA and it is choked off. This happens when tank pressure gets low. exactly as you describe it.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

it's a cross fire HP 68/4500 tank. do I need a reg then? I feel like this gun shot good before. It's new to me
Old 10-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heart of Texas

CCM Fan
Look up Superman on here, he’s a mag guru.

Need money? I buy Angel LEDs..
cave_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

800 psi input is the recommended minimum input pressure for any automag. some will run on a little lower if tinkered with but 800 is the rule of thumb. the ANS bolts will cause problems but i would look at your input pressure first.

welcome to the addiction that is automags.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
sounds like the output pressure of your tank is just barely enough to fire it. it has to build the pressure back up to fire the second shot. OR you have your tank bottomed out in the ASA and it is choked off. This happens when tank pressure gets low. exactly as you describe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstar View Post
it's a cross fire HP 68/4500 tank. do I need a reg then? I feel like this gun shot good before. It's new to me
Make sure you have at least 1500 psi in the tank before worrying about testing. Mags will shoot lower, but it's best to start with that problem out of the way.

If you haven't used that tank in that ASA before, try loosening the tank a half a turn.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
800 psi input is the recommended minimum input pressure for any automag. some will run on a little lower if tinkered with but 800 is the rule of thumb. the ANS bolts will cause problems but i would look at your input pressure first.

welcome to the addiction that is automags.

The gun prior to the print change didnít have this issue, it gassed up but leaked down the barrel (powertube) now it doesnít do that, just takes a while to recharge. This is my third mag, just new to the RT valve and ANS bolt
Old 10-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Make sure you have at least 1500 psi in the tank before worrying about testing. Mags will shoot lower, but it's best to start with that problem out of the way.

If you haven't used that tank in that ASA before, try loosening the tank a half a turn.
4000 air in the tank, I dont Have a reg to check it, but Iíd imagine itís 800 output now and say drops to 500 or so after the first shot. Thereís a YouTube video titled starved automag. Guns doing the same thing.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs