mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Ain't that the truth. I spent an hour or 2 polishing a minimag body and gave up cuz I was getting nowhere.

As for barrels, I agree wholeheartedly about docs autococker adapters. I would normally recommend a freak, but considering how expensive twistlock freak backs are, and how rare they are, the adapter is a much easier solution. And you can always run a cocker threaded freak on that.
doc adapter is $40
freak barrel $40+
inserts cost the same

used twistlock freak back is $95 ppd shipped.
freak tip $15

I wouldn't say it is that much more. It also still offers the ability to remove the barrel the same way.

also keep in mind that if you plan to run a level 10 that doc tries to keep the tolerances on the ID pretty tight. Some people have had issues with the level 10 bolts fitting into the adapter. I suggest you check to make sure it falls in freely before installing.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
it won't be as efficient on air however.
Since mags aren't too efficient in the first place, I find it easier to accept some overbore in a 12-14" barrel. I like the old 14" AA barrels as well.

Before FPO, I used to shoot "party mix" paint of all the "event only paint" scraps I had. It was pretty consistent in velocity even though the paint varied in size a bit. I didn't even think about it until a team mate borrowed a pod and gave me a hard time about jamming up his cyborg. He didn't need to shoot that much anyway.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

They're not much cheaper, no. But they're much easier to source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
mag shooter

I guess that wasnít obvious. I want to say I have a few.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Inline Mechs

You could complain about the weight of Doc's adapter but the point is kind of moot when it only works with steel bodies! I have a black aluminum Cocker barrel adapter which is nice but have no idea who made it.
Walking Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Sorry for taking so long to reply to my own thread. Spider unfortunately the underside of the body is not jeweled.Kinda wish it was,but no matter I am still enjoying the rebuild and hope to have it shooting by sunday

As for barrels I had seen the docs adapter and I am debating on getting one soon. Will I have to upgrade the bolt for the adapter or will my level 7 bolt be ok?

The Taso Barrel has a wire detent in it that will probably be switched out for the plastic nubbin. I tried rolling paint through it and the detent held the ball in place so i guess its worth a try.

I didn't really want to spend the money on a Freak setup just yet as i'm just returning but maybe after our first game I will warm up to the idea.
Revs9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
You could complain about the weight of Doc's adapter but the point is kind of moot when it only works with steel bodies! I have a black aluminum Cocker barrel adapter which is nice but have no idea who made it.
I think the black aluminum ones were Noxx adapters, made by cutting and threading an original T/L bull barrel. They come up for sale every once in a while.

SZ

Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2349991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
...this is MCB, no such thing as excessive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
You will not have a wallet shortly, just shipping receipts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Back in my day zombies didnít run. They walked. Uphill. In the snow. They ate what brains they could find and they liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWookie151 View Post
I get bored, like really bored. So I like to make siege weapons.
SPLATTER-ZONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

I switch to Doc's adapters for the spyder detent almost more than for the cocker barrel.
I just don't tend to have a lot of luck with mag detents and today's paint. I have had to go back to a wire detent just to get enough protrusion into the barrel to stop the ball, but I don't like the wire detents, so an adapter is the answer for me.

Sweet mag, btw. Look forward to seeing its "finished" form.
bowcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

So I got all the seals replaced and the gun is back together. Aired it up with NO LEAKS!! It shoots so nice, I just have to test the velocity over my chronograph as it seemed it was shooting a bit hard but all in all i'm impressed with how Smooth this gun feels when shooting. It feels alot different than my hinge and slide frame Autocockers that I have. I also went through the entire AGD Picture thread and now i'm drooling over those splash Mags.... I might end up with another mag soon LOL! Although before that I might look into a Level 10 bolt because when I started to shoot faster I chopped paint pretty easily on a regular old gravity feed hopper. Here is a quick photo after I finishing it up with my other old cockers. Hopefully I can get a good picture in the sun tomorrow.

Revs9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

make sure you have one of the parabolic powerfeed plugs. the original plug led to chopping paint.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs