mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECAPNation View Post
Get cheap junk to mess with a learn by doing...

A Mori Seiki is likely a CNC lathe.... That would require programming. If you can... Cool.... If you can't you might want to start manual.
Roach still appears to be around. I would second the manual practice to start.

I haven't convinced myself to get a mill yet, but I love my little 14" variable speed lathe. The speed adjustment lets you feel around for a good cut in whatever material or geometry you are working with. I bought it used with a quick change tool post.

A 3D printer has satisfied my CNC education cravings for the last year or so, further delaying a mill decision.

My last project was a combination of lathe, 3D prints, rasp, and hack saw and file. You just have to do whats fun for what you have available. Making markers for net profit is a whole different level.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hoarder Of Broken Guns

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Roach still appears to be around. I would second the manual practice to start.

I haven't convinced myself to get a mill yet, but I love my little 14" variable speed lathe. The speed adjustment lets you feel around for a good cut in whatever material or geometry you are working with. I bought it used with a quick change tool post.

A 3D printer has satisfied my CNC education cravings for the last year or so, further delaying a mill decision.

My last project was a combination of lathe, 3D prints, rasp, and hack saw and file. You just have to do whats fun for what you have available. Making markers for net profit is a whole different level.
Yes I am still around! life has kinda taken a few turns and I was laid off at the shop from us losing a client, still want to do machining and my own custom stuff. I need to try and be on this site a bit more!

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB