mcarterbrown.com  

Airsmiths on MCB MCB Airsmiths working together to bring you the best in custom paintball work.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Looking for someone to do some barrel work....

I've got a few barrels that I'd love to have someone talented and relatively reliable work on if possible.

I have a brass Phantom barrel whose body I'd like to have turned down on to fit a Sovereign body I'm working with.

A Stainless Raptor barrel that I'd like to have the shoulder turned down on to fit my older Sterling, and if possible, bored to take freak inserts.

A brass hard chromed JJ from an F1 that has been modified to fit a Sovereign that I'd like to have bored for freak inserts.

About 10 cocker barrels that are brass/plated, aluminum or stainless that I'd like to have freak bored.

An old BOA from an F2 that is short but should have the meat to rethread to fit a Sterling

A few Procarb/F5 aluminum barrels I'd like to have rethreaded to fit cockers or a Sterling.

In all I have 18-20 that I'd like modified, so this would be a "big" job in my opinion. I'd be down for a flat rate, or individual rates for anyone willing to tackle all or part.

Suggestions toward a shop that could do all of this would be awesome, but at the moment BMC Fab and Super Stanchy Customs look like my current options with a few limitations. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by msm0711; 06-14-2019 at 08:36 AM.
msm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Class Clown

Subbed as I have some barrel work I'd like to have done as well.

My feedback
scottieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
No wonder I can't find any BOA Snakebite barrels...lol
LPPC Member #71

Feedback

Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
No wonder I can't find any BOA Snakebite barrels...lol

Lol. It's just 2 Cocker and 1 F2 Snakebite. And the F2 one is damaged, as someone did a very poor job and making a detent access hole. I'd love to find some talented barrelsmith that could cut the breech hole off and rethreaded it for another gun.......
Old 06-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm0711 View Post
Lol. It's just 2 Cocker and 1 F2 Snakebite. And the F2 one is damaged, as someone did a very poor job and making a detent access hole. I'd love to find some talented barrelsmith that could cut the breech hole off and rethreaded it for another gun.......

I'd love to get my hands on another for a Cocker.....Show me a pic of the breech area on that F2 one,I bet its the one I used to have for my AFT,if so it's my fault that hole is the way it is,but the reason it because the AFT is center feed vs the F2's right feed
LPPC Member #71

Feedback

Old 06-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Old 06-20-2019, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

After reaching out to a number of suggested leads, I'm sending about half of these to BMC Fabrication. I'll update on the work once I get them back. Still looking for someone to work on some of the brass barrels.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm0711 View Post
Yup, that is it, modded it for my AFT I had
LPPC Member #71

Feedback

Old 07-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

So, I got the 15 barrels I sent off to BMC Fabrication back. I'm solidly happy with the quality of the work, the time frame as well as the cost.

I sent 15 barrels in for an array of work, mostly freak boring. Working from left to right in the picture below:

1) Freak bored: Purchased this barrel under the impression that it was "chrome plated aluminum" (mentioned here) and sent it in as thus. When doing the boring, the barrel and tooling became quite hot, leading the thought towards it being stainless. However, it's non magnetic and super light, so my guess is titanium.

2) Freak Bored: AC DYE Stainless/Boomie Back

3) Freak Bored: AC CIP Stainless Barrel (most excited about this one)

4) Freak Bored: AC Random Stainless, heavy as hell old barrel

5) Freak Bored: AC J&J Stainless

6) Freak Bored: AC Stainless Pro Series

7) Freak Bored: AC Aluminum DAC Barrel, ported like a BL Longshot or Rekka barrel

8) Freak Bored: Spyder All American Tear Drop. There was some relucatance to freak bore a spyder barrel due the minumum diameter. The back end is thin, but I wouldn't say dangerously thin. I don't see it buckling or having any isses.

9) Freak Bored: Spyder DYE Stainless. Solid.

10) Turned down: This was an old brass phantom barrel. I had the neck turned down to allow it to fit into my Sovereign Project. The back end was too thin to Freak bore unfortunately.

11) Rethreaded: This started as an old prolite/carbine DYE aluminum. It was rethreaded to Sovereign Threads. Also too thin to Freak Bore.

12) Rethreaded: This was originally a JJ Ceramic for a prolite/carbine. Rethreaded to the older style Sterling threads.

13) Turned down and Freak Bored: Raptor DYE Stainless with the neck turned down to allow it to be used appropriately on a Sterling. Finally have a Sterling threaded freak!!!!

Both of the last 2 barrels were slated to be freak bored, but had abnormalities to the bore that made it impossible to freak bore.
14) Spyder DYE Stainless
15) AC JJ Stainless

The barrels were sent in on June 21st. I shipped in a large flat rate box and insured them. The total cost was just shy of $35. They arrived on June 24th. We had discussed particulars and cost prior to shipping. The cost of all the services were reasonable, with the most costly being freak boring the stainless barrels ($35 each). The turning down and rethreading was extremely well priced, and I was given a multiple barrel discount, which was nice. I sent detailed pics and a list with the work to be done, and each barrel was numbered to match the list. BMC communicated throughout the job, and let me know when there were issues (with the 2 barrels). He sent video of the issues, and made them understandable. The barrels were complete, repackaged and back in the male by July 5th, and I had them back on the 8th. The shipping was the same cost coming back as the shipping method was the same.

Overall, I was extremely please with everything,a nd I'm stoked about the barrels, especially the Sov and Sterling ones. I have another 10-12 I need to send out, but I think I'll finish some of my other projects before.......

Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice! I would like to send them a few barrels. $35 for each barrel?

Thanks

Last edited by pntballgunz; 07-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.
pntballgunz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB