mcarterbrown.com  

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
My Gun Weighs Brick

Internals Will Not Come Out

Hello, I'm having some trouble removing my firing assembly and reg body. This stuff is in there pretty darn good & I don't think that I have the proper tools to remove these pieces without damaging anything. Is there anyone out there who I can ship my gun to so that I can have my internals removed? That's all I need done & i'll do the rest. I'm just trying to open this thing up, change all the o-rings & clean this sucker up real good but can't get inside to do all that!
Brick Gun Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
bsm
MCB Member

The best way I've found to remove the reg is to replace the velocity screw with a 2" 1/4-28 (1/4 fine thread) bolt. Put the bolt head in a vice and yank on the body. Of course make sure all the bolts are out (Sight rail and grip frame)
The rest can be pushed out with a wooden or plastic dowel rod.
Hope this helps.
bsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
My Gun Weighs Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm View Post
The best way I've found to remove the reg is to replace the velocity screw with a 2" 1/4-28 (1/4 fine thread) bolt. Put the bolt head in a vice and yank on the body. Of course make sure all the bolts are out (Sight rail and grip frame)
Hope this helps.
Ah! Good thinking, bruh! Looks like i'm gonna take this body to the hardware store and perform surgery in aisle 7. Thanks for the very good tip.

cheers
Old 01-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
bro I should preface this by saying I know NOTHING of the marker - but you may find that LIQUID WRENCH is helpful in this situation.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
My Gun Weighs Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
bro I should preface this by saying I know NOTHING of the marker - but you may find that LIQUID WRENCH is helpful in this situation.
I thought about it, but wasn't sure if it was safe to use since i've never opened one of these before to know what's inside & what the internals are made of. Didn't wanna risk damaging anything.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Sorry if you've already done this, but have you removed the circlip?

I believe o-ring friction is the only thing that would keep the guts from coming out the back once you've got the circlip, sight rail and gripframe removed. I've never had a problem pulling the guts out so yours might just be gunked up inside. The bolt idea above is pretty nifty.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
My Gun Weighs Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Sorry if you've already done this, but have you removed the circlip?

I believe o-ring friction is the only thing that would keep the guts from coming out the back once you've got the circlip, sight rail and gripframe removed. I've never had a problem pulling the guts out so yours might just be gunked up inside. The bolt idea above is pretty nifty.
Yes, sir! I've already gutted the regulator a few days ago. The reg body is stuck in there purty darn good along with the firing assembly. I haven't had the chance to goto the hardware store yet to find a bolt that'll screw into the reg body & extract it.

This marker probably has not been opened since the day it was put together at the factory. So i'm assuming all of the o-rings are super dry & making it more of a bitch to get the internals out. Probably why the gun was leaking when I aired it up, but sealed after pulling the trigger a few times. Who knows! But i'll know once I get her opened up! = ]
Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
My Gun Weighs Brick

figured i'd update... 1 year later lol... the internals are finally out. A few o-rings need changed and she'll then be good as new.

There was red loctite that got down in there which created one hell of a problem. About broke my own jaw trying to pull that rear cap out today.

Last edited by Brick Gun Man; 01-27-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
My Gun Weighs Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm View Post
Hope this helps.

Since i'm here again, here's one of the tools that was used. thanks, it was the method of choice! I lost 10 lbs pulling the reg housing out the back

a heat gun was also used to get the juices flowing

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova