mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Can someone please identify this marker

Looking to trade for this, and wanted to know the details of this marker, and also the value of it. On PBN they've said that they think it's a VLM. But I thought you guys would have the best input.

Thanks.

Last edited by mrbgpati; 02-12-2010 at 04:03 PM.
mrbgpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's an AKA VLM body. AKA called it chili pepper milling, because of the pepper looking scallops on the body.

Splat Attack probably put this together.

They used most of AKA's stuff including the beavertail, however, they had AKA modify the beavertail. AKA's beavertails taper from the back of the gun to the round stop. Splat Attack's beavertail did not taper, it went straight back to the round stop.

This is a key indicator for me that it is a Splat Attack VLM or Revenge marker.

The anodize looks like other guns that have come out of Splat Attack. They liked to use KAPP 45 frames, which is what's on it.

Is there any laser marking on the wire nubbin cover?
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm not sure about the laser marking. I'm supposed to meet up with him this weekend to take a look at it. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for that authenticates it as being a true VLM or Revenge? And how rare of a marker is this?
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

A lot, not all, Revenges had a laser marking on the outside of the wire nubbin cover. It usually said "Revenge".

Rarity, I don't know. I wouldn't say high, but it's not a rf cocker either

FYI, the feed tube is not removable. Well technically it is, but it is not threaded. I would not try to pull it.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Its a Merlin VLM. Meaning its an AKA mini 'cocker. There was also a "Spyder" style VLM from AKA.

AKA Merlin VLM | Paintball Review | pbreview.com
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

From wolf13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13
was one of the factory mill VLM bodies, hard to see for sure from the photo's but looks to be the chili pepper milling. the Serial number is on the bottom between the asa and front block, though you'll have to remove the ASA to really see it. It will be SAXXX. its defiantly a vlm and not a merlin due to the volumizer front bolt and has a very distinctive milling style. at the time, AKA was producing the bodies for splatt attacks Revenge line, there was such a shortage of vert feed bodies at the time (mid to late 97) due to the production freeze by WGP transitioning to their 98 style bodys and kits and their tight control of distribution through bob long; that AKA decided to release a few just kits into the wild, called vlm's. A bunch of them got built into full guns though by SA and AKA though. Not sure on the ram, but the 3-way is a shocktech bomb, ANS Jackhammer 2, looks like an AKA volumizer, kapp frame. Overall, a very nice cocker, but the 3-way at minimum is a new addition and not what was originally used.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
Its a Merlin VLM. Meaning its an AKA mini 'cocker. There was also a "Spyder" style VLM from AKA.

AKA Merlin VLM | Paintball Review | pbreview.com
It is not a Merlin. The merlin bodies have an enlarged valve chamber and valve. It utilizes it's own front block and front block bolt.

This one is a VLM Cocker. The valve chamber on this marker is 99 spec, not Merlin.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well just got it today. Overall it's in pretty good condition. But it was leaking somewhere in the front block/pneumatics. It seemed like when I pushed around the small hoses the leak would get worse or better, depending on where I moved it. Do you think I need to replace the hoses? And it looks like it needs a good cleaning and lubing. The bolt seemed to cycle kind of slow. The guy did say he hasn't shot it in over a year, year and a half.

I'll try to post up pics once I get a little time to go over the marker and polish her up a bit.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

use a little 3 in 1 oil to find where the leak is coming from.

Slow cycling, it could be a little out of time.

Before you get too into it, run some oil through the whole thing. Especially if it has been awhile since it's been shot.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Agent of Satan

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
use a little 3 in 1 oil
NO! Just no. Stop using petrol based oils, it tears up O-rings. Get a decent synthetic oil, they aren't any more expensive than that crap oil.
AngelChaser is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA