mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I ordered a brand new 2 liter from him this past month

The 2 liter was leaking from the adjustment screw and the whole thing came apart despite being "permanently" attached.

I sent him emails, called him and get no response to help.

I learned from macdev to never order from a company with poor customer service. This is what i get for going against my instincts.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post

The 2 liter was leaking from the adjustment screw and the whole thing came apart despite being "permanently" attached.

I learned from macdev to never order from a company with poor customer service. This is what i get for going against my instincts.
Don't tell me this. I still need a bunch of parts for an Evil Ehm build that will probably never happen (thank you FB).
Old 02-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Old, Slow and Angry

Send a message via Skype™ to MadCat

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
On topic of Jarred and DC being behind on their current work orders - I have a 2004 viking that has a slight leak, and oil in the ASA (sounds kinky!) hasn't helped much.

Tempted to tear it down and replace orings using a walk-through on PBN. Tempted, but leaning towards sending it out for a proper rebuild.

If DC isn't taking work, are there any other means to have this beauty rebuilt by an AKA expert?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
i just realized - those aren't flames on the blazer logo - it's leaking air.....
MadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
On topic of Jarred and DC being behind on their current work orders - I have a 2004 viking that has a slight leak, and oil in the ASA (sounds kinky!) hasn't helped much.

Tempted to tear it down and replace orings using a walk-through on PBN. Tempted, but leaning towards sending it out for a proper rebuild.

If DC isn't taking work, are there any other means to have this beauty rebuilt by an AKA expert?
Do it yourself if you have the 3 prong tool and a pressure tester. Hell you donít even need the tester honestly just the 3 prong. If you still want to send it out I can do it for you.... Iím no AKA expert but have owned and do own an 04 and have always done the work myself. Iíd get a proper oring kit from AKA though.... the eBay kits are total garbage.
afdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post

Hmmmm macdev has killer CS.... not sure when you had issues but they seem top notch as of late.
afdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdoc View Post
Do it yourself if you have the 3 prong tool and a pressure tester. Hell you donít even need the tester honestly just the 3 prong. If you still want to send it out I can do it for you.... Iím no AKA expert but have owned and do own an 04 and have always done the work myself. Iíd get a proper oring kit from AKA though.... the eBay kits are total garbage.
I dont see any viking/excal rebuild kits on their site. Ill have to check again. I will be attempting to order a feedneck though
Old 02-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Old, Slow and Angry

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Email sent to Jared to inquire about boards and oring rebuild kits. Will post once I get a reply (usually takes a few days)
Quote:
i just realized - those aren't flames on the blazer logo - it's leaking air.....
Old 03-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

The main thing is this 1. Get the real o rings
2. Don't adjust lpr without pressure tester or extreme care
3. Have a three prong tool don't beat up your back caps
4. Just use oil in the asa whenever you air it up. The guns are basically zero maintenance. All you really need to do is get paint goo out of hammer area if it somehow gets there.

They are poppits like any other just really hi spec so it's easy to cut orings and stuff installing. Unless really poorly disassembled, any one that just sits around should generally work with some oil. They don't need any grease.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Old, Slow and Angry

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
I have the 3-prong spanner tool and the LPR tester. The only orings that I have are the questionable ones from ebay. Hopefully Jared replies to my email soon.

I only put a few drops of oil in the asa. On my mech guns I would put a lot more. Will air it up tonight to see if the orings are happily oiled, or if I should break it down to see where the culprit is.

thank you for the advice!
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA