mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

New to Vikings, and I bought a box O' parts

I ended up buying this box O' Viking, and need some help. Can you guys tell me the following:

What year it is (03, right?)? What is the difference between an 03 and 04 Viking? Is this standard DC milling? Any other info on the marker?

Value, once raw parts are anodized black?

Tutorials on how to put the thing together?

Thank you for all the help. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

The '03 is slightly longer than the '04 due to the internal LPR, so I'd guess this is an '03 (based on the way the lower and barrel tubes don't line up). It could be an '04 and looks that way because the top tube was milled back though, I'm not sure. You can also tell depending on the eye detents. Wire detents are '03s, delrin ones are '04s (although '03s can be converted, there will still be a thin hole where the wire was held further back).

Looks like it's got a Humphrey 'noid, which would usually suggest '04, but that's a swappable part (just needs a manifold to work in place of the MAC 'noid).

That's standard DC milling, I think the teardrop at the back of the top tube was an option, and I can't tell if it's got buttcrack milling.

I'd guess $700ish depending on the anno job.

The best AKA references are on PBN. AKA paintball gun archives for older threads

Last edited by Pariel; 05-23-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to travis1581

Im going to guess that it is an 03. Everything that makes it obvious is either hidden in the photos or is on the opposite side of the marker, but I dont see an on/off switch on the side of the tray. 03's had them on the rear and 04s had them on the driver's side.

Evil Ehm Build
travis1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
03, the eye/detent cover is the best indicator of years externally. 04 had more symmetrical eye covers with the wire cover coming up almost centered on the cover. As mentioned the LPRs are different and so are the hammer/valves. It is harder to find a RT valve for an 03 than an 04 unless it has one installed already? 03s could be converted over to the humphrey noids and it was common for DC to do this mod. The $700 mark is a good amount to value it at based on a black and red anno job. Your colors may not entirely match though if you are only doing the raw parts since it isn't always a perfect color match between different batches and different annodizers. It might be worth it to look to get all the parts done together especially with it disassembled to this point.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was thinking 03 due to eye covers, so thanks for that second. I had kind of planned on just anodizing the body/frame, but you have me second guessing, dano. Just might have to do the whole kit and caboodle. Recommendations on decent cost effective anodizers? I might just have it go to DC for reassembly.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I would send body and frame to caustic anodizing to match the red on other parts and call it good. Def an 03

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Also can that goofy tail be cut off or otherwise removed from the raol? You don't want that.

Milling is current standard DC with all internal extra cuts it's just about as good as it gets and when finished is going to be a killer gun.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Also can that goofy tail be cut off or otherwise removed from the raol? You don't want that.

Milling is current standard DC with all internal extra cuts it's just about as good as it gets and when finished is going to be a killer gun.
I was thinking the same about the tail, thanks for letting me know that wouldn't be faux pas to remove it. I think I am going to send it to gruntbull for a full re anno unless you guys think they aren't very good. Anyone know where I can get the barrel rehoned dye to pitting?
Old 05-28-2017, 04:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
gruntbull still does guns?

my last 2 jobs ive had done by mario at FX, and caustic customs

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I would give second thoughts to sending anything to guntbull. If you still want to send something to them I'd have something easier and less painful like a root canal with no anasthetic.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA