mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I've always used Straight-Shot squeegees. I liked the old t-handle ones best, but the one that push down from the top are good too. Just push the button so the washer bends, shove it down the barrel, release the button and pull. Wipe it on the back of your knee then flip it over with the cloth and polish it a bit more. Done. I've carried one every single game in an Indian Springs leg sheath. Always handy.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

For a quick in game cleaning I like the Straight-shots, and for off the field cleaning I like the Redz swabs.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
these are my absolute favorite if you use a gun with a removable bolt
https://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/paintballgate_2098_189203050
it'll clean any paint out of any gun, I broke evil in my cocker, one swipe and it was clean
I've always found that possumtail squeegees like this one often get stuck in my barrels, and I would be even more afraid to pull one through the feedport on a Tippmann or the uper tube of an autococker or something.

My favorite squeegee is the basic yellow Extreme Rage pull-through, though the only reason I'd pick that over the pack-in Tippmann squeggee is that its yellow color makes it easier to find when dropped.

I think it's a good combo with the two-part empire kit.
The long stick swab is great for the staging area, and I like to use the folding swab AFTER I've used the pull-through to get must of the gunk out.

Hate to say this, but I DO think that the more expensive name-brand squeegees from companies like Empire and CP are worth it over the no-name or Brass Eagle stuff because they don't tear up as easily. In fact, I've seen the rubber tubing in the middle of a CP squeegee tear apart and there was a nylon string underneath, as a secondary structure to keep the thing usable. That's quality, right there.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Five four three two one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post

Hate to say this, but I DO think that the more expensive name-brand squeegees from companies like Empire and CP are worth it over the no-name or Brass Eagle stuff because they don't tear up as easily. In fact, I've seen the rubber tubing in the middle of a CP squeegee tear apart and there was a nylon string underneath, as a secondary structure to keep the thing usable. That's quality, right there.
I agree completely . I've moved to CP as well. No more broken dowels or taped/rigged together squeegee. They are a little pricy but are more absorbent and durable than anything else I've tried.
onecaribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
DSL is new here

This is related but I keep worrying that I'm going to lose my good silicone VL squeegee, and get stuck with m crappy tippmann one. Does anyone know where they still sell those good silicone squeegee's? They get the paint out better than swabs.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
I use a homemade squeegee-swab, which folds and stores in a pocket like a swab but has squeegee discs at one end. Fed through the back, it achieves a level of clean almost equivalent to a pull-through squeegee but is faster to use..
Any pictures? sounds pretty good.

Though the world might end, I do the same thing. I've never liked commercial ones, so I just make my own. Lots of rubber discs with a 12g brush at the end.

I store it in my remote-tank pouch that I've never used. (yes, I'm using 15 year old fanny packs!). Most of my guns have a removable breech, so it works pretty well.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kyote

I keep a straight shot on my neck and a silicone pull through in my pocket.
Kyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

I've got one of those, but it has an additional stick in the middle, no swab, just the stick, so its tri fold. But its long enough, i can clean my entire cocker without taking the barrel off. Turn upside down, pull bolt, run through, bolt back in, shoot kids. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Any pictures? sounds pretty good.

Though the world might end, I do the same thing. I've never liked commercial ones, so I just make my own. Lots of rubber discs with a 12g brush at the end.

I store it in my remote-tank pouch that I've never used. (yes, I'm using 15 year old fanny packs!). Most of my guns have a removable breech, so it works pretty well.
This is the pic with the prototype of the design, when I attempted to make the swab end with a microfiber cloth. Currently I use bombswab halves on the swab end.

drg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts