mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-15-2010, 01:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Moby Send a message via Skype™ to Moby

Squeegee question

I know it's not a "sexy" topic but there are many squeegee's to choose from.

I'd be interested to hear an overview... what squeegee is best for a type of marker, a type of scenario etc.

Which style is best for reliability, ease of use, quality of the "cleaning" it does, what's easy to carry in game etc.

Then I'd be interested in brands... which brands are most/least reliable and do the best job.

Certainly any thoughts on leg/arm holders for squeegees is a welcome topic.

Personally, I've got an old pump which I can strip down in game to the barrel in under 45 seconds, I'll soon have a Tippman 98 custom (as a backup) and an Etek 3 LT. My thought is that one style of squeegee may work better for one marker over another.

I welcome any input or advise you can give. Thanks for the discussion.

-Moby

The ideal Connecticut woodsball field!

Moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I like using battle swabs pulled through the barrel. Since I use a 16" barrel, the only battle swab long enough to easily do this is the Red's/Empire 2 pack set. I remove one of the parts off the bendy swab and stick it on the end of the stick swab for an extra long one. The grey Empire ones are a bit more fluffy than the red Red's set
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
I know it's not a "sexy" topic but there are many squeegee's to choose from.

I'd be interested to hear an overview... what squeegee is best for a type of marker, a type of scenario etc.

Which style is best for reliability, ease of use, quality of the "cleaning" it does, what's easy to carry in game etc.

Then I'd be interested in brands... which brands are most/least reliable and do the best job.

Certainly any thoughts on leg/arm holders for squeegees is a welcome topic.

Personally, I've got an old pump which I can strip down in game to the barrel in under 45 seconds, I'll soon have a Tippman 98 custom (as a backup) and an Etek 3 LT. My thought is that one style of squeegee may work better for one marker over another.

I welcome any input or advise you can give. Thanks for the discussion.

-Moby
The tippmann will be best with a pull through rubber. Cause you can flip the elbow down to feed it in. With a sniper doesn't really matter as long as its long enough to come out the barrel when fed through the back when you pull the bolt.Same thing with the etek. Swabs are best for a real quick in the heat of battle stick down the barrel cleaning, but also work well when fed through the back. Swabs are better for cleaning the feedneck after a chop. I have had good luck with the empire swabs,and viewloader pull through sqeegies.
FatalBigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

APP!

I have one of these that I have used since 89', in all the markers That I own!

VIPERô Squeegee / Leg Holder COMBO
Combines the VIPERô combo squeegee (black) and our leg holder.
Made of durable material, includes lever clamps for tightening straps to leg or forearm

SQ-3COMBO / $12.95

Description:
VIPERô 14" SQ-3
Unlike any other squeegee on the market.
The Viperô has a replaceable redesigned rubber washer and a swab to wipe the barrel dry.
NO metal parts to rust, scratch or break.
Can be carried on your lower leg with our Squeegee Leg Holder.
Also available in combo package

SQ-3 / $6.95

Link:
Allen Paintball Products

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ll-torque.html

Lohman446 -I have absolutely zero interest in "saving" your "sport". Your "sport" has destroyed my game.
cjottawa -Know what would make paintball affordable and get more people involved? SHOOTING LESS.

www.280paintball.com great place to play in K.C. Mo.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Instien'spaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Best for a tippmann (98 or sl68) are those viewloaders white pull throughs, the really soft ones. because you can put them right though the feed port. on any other gun the best thing is the swab type, typically redz are the best because they seem to last longer than the other brands. Of course i always lose swabs so it doesnt matter too much to me how long they last.

those squeegee on a stick things a just pure junk, theres no good way to carry them on your body, they're a pain to use, and dont work all that well.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I use the silicone (white) pull-throughs on both my Tiberius guns and my Ion, after removing the barrels (one good thing about the SP thread pattern they started putting on Ions and later guns is quick removal).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

these are my absolute favorite if you use a gun with a removable bolt

it'll clean any paint out of any gun, I broke evil in my cocker, one swipe and it was clean
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
drg
Banned

I use a homemade squeegee-swab, which folds and stores in a pocket like a swab but has squeegee discs at one end. Fed through the back, it achieves a level of clean almost equivalent to a pull-through squeegee but is faster to use.

I shoot exclusively guns that can pull the bolt out the back, though.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Club
I use a viewloader folding squeegee. I like it because I don't have to remove the barrel, it's cheap, and I use a carabiner to clip it to my belt loops.

The firewall at work says this image is a weapon, but I'll post a link for your discretion. It checked out through google image search.

https://www.punisherspb.com/images/pr...profold_md.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass and Wood Fan
why not follow borg's quidance and make your on swab i did and depending on the fur they work really well YouTube - paintborg's Channel

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but heís gonna have to beat me to death with it, Ďcause itís going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts