Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gear fanatic.
Omega Chief's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Send a message via AIM to Omega Chief

Looking for Reg/Tank Advice

I have a CenterFlag Dynaflow regulator, which I am led to believe is still an awesome reg, despite its age. Output pressure is very adjustable. It is not a screw-in reg, but has a dovetail mount.

I have a sniper and a blazer that I'm looking to actually start running on air, but the tank attached to the Dynaflow is rather old, and should probably be replaced. I don't shoot much paint and would be looking for a small tank. Unlimited air fills seems to be the norm now.

So I was looking for some advice.

Should I:

Keep the Dynaflow and put it on a new tank?
If so, can you purchase a tank without a regulator to save money on it, and where? And what would I use to make the tank/reg easily swappable between the two markers?
Or purchase a new tank and reg?
If so, ninja seems to be the way to go. Then just get one of these new setups and a spare ASA? Apparently (most?) modern tanks aren't really adjustable and you just use the on-gun reg?
Thank you all for any advice.
Feedback | For Sale: New PE Kneepads
Omega Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
p8ntninja's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Originally SoCal, currently Midway Utah

You might try contacting Carleton directly and ask if they will sell one to you. I believe but may be wrong, that most reg manufacturers buy the cylinders and just add the their to the cylinder. Crossfire may be the exception but like I said I COULD be wrong.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...
Dr. PhunkyPants's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008

If you can spare the cash, I'd list the old tank and reg for $40-$50 on craigslist and then order yourself a nice 45/4500 or 68/4500 ninja tank. They are such great tanks...well worth it, IMO.

Alternatively, you could send the old tank to Ninja and for about $60 plus shipping, they'll hydrotest it and put a ninja reg on there. You could then sell the older reg for a few buck to offset the expense...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC