mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Lol thats another plus on triflo, it smells like bannana candies, so i loves it

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
This is so amuzing. These threads pop up from time to time about what oil to use in their markers, what is safe etc.

The bottle they sell at the same place you get your paint might run 3.99 and likely less. As far as paintball expenses go, this is the least of them. Putting air in your tank at the field cost more.

I can understand concern with using the wrong thing and also the thrift from buying bulk oil at the supply house. But if you are honestly thinking about using some crazy lubricant over springing for the $4 paintball oil, maybe you need to find a new hobby?
I doubt I need a new hobby. The point of this thread was to find a suitable substitute. All the pro-shops, Wal-marts, Canadian Tire etc. always seem to be sold out when I go looking for oil. If I could find a bottle of synthetic oil I would have enough for years instead of always running out. It has nothing to do with being thrifty, just sick of not having enough on hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bacon grease: high temperature lube, penetrates well and nothing drives 'em wild like bacon and brass.

seriously: I just use pneumatic tool oil. Economical, widely-available and its meant to lubricate o-rings, in...um... air tools, so it makes sense it would work for paintball guns and stuff.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 AM   #44 (permalink)

i came across this product thanks to a link in another thread and i was wondering if this would be any good as a lube, or if anyone has have any experience with this product ?

Flitz Rifle, Gun & Knife Wax
phaedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
TriFlow

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #46 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
No idea on a brand name. I just buy the big bottle from harbor freight that says synthetic air tool oil on it. Lowes stocks it too. Just order some on mcmaster/msc/grainger/canadian equivalent.
ditto - Amflo 1220-4 4oz = 1.25

I also use silicon based Napa Syl-Glyde... it is designed to be pretty heat and cold resistant.. and seems to work well where liquid co2 could possibly go.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosepatrol View Post
I doubt I need a new hobby. The point of this thread was to find a suitable substitute. All the pro-shops, Wal-marts, Canadian Tire etc. always seem to be sold out when I go looking for oil. If I could find a bottle of synthetic oil I would have enough for years instead of always running out. It has nothing to do with being thrifty, just sick of not having enough on hand.
You should be able to find Tri-Flow at most bike shops, MEC carries it too, in the bike section.
Not the cheapest option though.
I wonder how drug-store mineral oil would work? Should be additive-free and I *think* that it's the base for stuff like Battle-Lube (I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's all it was, mineral oil + a bit of purple dye).
Old 11-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
REI outdoors carries Tri Flow if you have one near you. Its going to be in the bicycle departement.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts