mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Virtue Clock chronograph (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/193375-virtue-clock-chronograph.html)

BB Cats 02-25-2012 09:05 AM

Virtue Clock chronograph

I want one. Any negative experience with it?

tagroland 02-26-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Cats (Post 2227382)
I want one. Any negative experience with it?

Bought one for staff (still a ref at heart) to play with, they LOVE it.
Bought 2 more.

Psych value with players is astonishing, worth everything (for safety compliance issues).

Initial negative: not slim enough to fit in pocket, no protective hip holster made yet.

Positives: built in timer for staff, and all the other beny's listed on product

Hope that helps,
Bullseye

tangus999 02-26-2012 02:43 PM

Get it and report back :)

nerdcore 02-26-2012 04:22 PM

Only negative experience would be crippling your wallet to buy one.

Ken448 02-26-2012 04:25 PM

love mine.. And after selling my yellow radarchron, the price isnt too bad! LOL

Zepulkinator 02-27-2012 08:55 AM

You guys are temping me to buy one of these. lol

I already have the white and yellow one with the ROF and FPS display.

TechPB-Mike 02-27-2012 11:18 AM

yea I really like mine. We picked one up for the videos and I'm really digging it.

While it's twice the price of the yellow triangle chronograph, if you plan on using all of the features of it, it's a great unit

If you are simply looking for something that measures velocity, get the $70 yellow triangle chrono. But I would certainly spend a few moments reading the manual online (that's free to download), to see if you would get $180 worth of value of the unit. If you are just looking for something to chrono a mech spyder, the virtue might be a bit overkill. If you are looking for something to help perfectly tune your DM12's LPR, go for it

Ken448 02-27-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zepulkinator (Post 2230225)
You guys are temping me to buy one of these. lol

I already have the white and yellow one with the ROF and FPS display.

The Clock will give you 15 shot strings with average fps, BPS, +/- etc. I LOVE mine..

And was going to say in my previous post.. If $160 is too much, then paintball is probably not the hobby for you! But didnt want to piss anyone off. IMO anyone that works on and or tunes guns at home this is a great tool to have!
A clock mounted to a tripod and a reball setup!! All I need is a couple Scuba tanks!!!

xgunslingerx 02-27-2012 03:12 PM

We have one. Its amazing.

Zepulkinator 02-28-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJOttawa (Post 2230642)
Another chrono to look at: the Radarchron ROF. PAINTBALL RADARchron® Rate-Of-Fire
The Virtue seems to be more geared to referee use as a spot check tool. (no way to stand the Virtue up or tripod mount it)

Yeah, that's the chorno I have now. It gives an average too. Just not a standard deviant.