mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Barned

A few questions about pump stuff.

Hey guys, I recently invested in the money for an empire sniper pump, and it's great n all but I'm having a clash with which kind of air tank to get for it.. I see so many guys using electric loaders and 68 cui but It's just overkill... right now I'm renting a 13cui but i'm wondering if I should invest in a stubby carbon fibre (48cui) tank...or If I should just go with the smaller one... which one do you think and why? I know there's a big price difference, but just push money out of the way for now, because I can take care of that later.

Second question, which hopper do you guys reccomend for pump play? I've heard winchester, is there anything else that's good besides the aweful crap gog ones? Those are a joke..... thanks for the help, any info/input is appreciated.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

it depends on what type of set up you want to run.
what are your priorities?
- do you want a small light setup but a limited number of shots per tank then 13/3000 or lighter still, have you considered 12gram CO2

- if you are ok with a bulkier setup because you need more shots or to stay in the game longer then go with the carbon fiber tank
phaedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Barned

well If I go beast mode on the renters then I use like 40 balls in a game........air tank is usually fine....anything on hoppers? got any reccomendations for pump stuff?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

I'm a huge fan of the 45/45. Same length as a 68 but smaller diameter. Ninja started making them again recently but apparently are not TC stamped(Lame). I believe before that they offered a 49/45(NOT THE 50. That's a stubby tank) that was very close in spec to the 45.

For hoppers, I use a Winchester with the Dye locklid mod. If I don't feel like carrying a 50rd pod with me, I'll throw on a Rotor, but that's rare. Recently picked up a 9v Spyder Fasta that I may mod to a smaller capacity.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Barned

My local proshop, paintballgear.ca sells 48cui ones... my friend suggested that I get that kind and then I can use it if I get into speedball later on.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Save your money and avoid a steel tank. It'll save you having to buy one later on anyway... Especially if you plan on getting into speedball..

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ninja 45/4500 feels very nice. If you cannot find the ninja tank, get a 45/4500 bottle (usually made by crossfire) with a ninja regulator. It weighs double what the 13/3000 weighs.

For hoppers, i find the Winchester with your lid of choice works really well. The GXG one feeds horrible. The APP one is not bad, but i find the winnie to feed better.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

+1 more on 45/4500 or even getting a 13/3000 short term if you can tolerate having to refill a lot. The steel tanks are heavy beasts that while economical are just not efficient or effective....well....they do get you air but ugh

keep in mind that a tank is a long term investment - the initial cost may seem high for carbon fiber BUT you can rehydro it 3 times so thats a LONG lifespan all things considered =P each rehydro typically costs between $25 - $40 bucks tops depending where you are.

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
My Secret Santa made an electric hopper for me. I'll take a photo, works pretty awesomely for pump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
+1 more on 45/4500 or even getting a 13/3000 short term if you can tolerate having to refill a lot. The steel tanks are heavy beasts that while economical are just not efficient or effective....well....they do get you air but ugh

keep in mind that a tank is a long term investment - the initial cost may seem high for carbon fiber BUT you can rehydro it 3 times so thats a LONG lifespan all things considered =P each rehydro typically costs between $25 - $40 bucks tops depending where you are.
Thanks for helping out stitch. Although its usually my parents buying a lot of this stuff,, I might be getting one or two things at the end of the school year, gun-wise. my friend with an empire axe said in a few years he'd be upgrading to a bob long g6r or dm12, and he'd sell me his axe at a discount. If I already have the carbon fibre tank on hand then all i have to do is buy a nice loader and I can switch between pump and speedball.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts