mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

#1 of 10 Johnny Perchak DM8 appraisal

Hey guys, wondering what this thing is worth. I have had it for a few years, and looking to trade it for a vice, but the guy I'm talking to wants me to add. My DM8 had a virtue board, Billy Wing bolt, CP flow plug, and Ironmen trigger.

Should I be adding for a good condition stock vice with no pressure tester? I wouldn't think so, but maybe I am wrong.

(the 01 near the backcap denotes #01 out of 10)
ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Any paperwork to back up the claim? I'm not saying it is a limited laser/anno job but to a uninformed potential buyer they may think your pulling shens. I would say if anything it should be a straight trade or HE IS adding dependent on the condition of the Vice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

There is never any paperwork that comes with pro players limited guns. They use them for the year then sell them.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
If it helps any, I sold my DM8 at the end of last year for $325. It was not limited edition, and had a new trigger and CP constant flow plug as the only two upgrades. I would say the Perchak edition to probably be worth no more than $400.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Used2B Bigbthebenji

Don't add. You could toss this on pbn or ebay and get $400. A vice is worth around that, if anything, a bit less. Straight up would be fine. If anyone adds, he should.

PaintballDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickChestHair View Post
There is never any paperwork that comes with pro players limited guns. They use them for the year then sell them.
Let me rephrase that, Call DYE and confirm it is in fact limited and have them send you a letter saying so. Nice marker but like others said, straight up trade with him adding a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Let me rephrase that, Call DYE and confirm it is in fact limited and have them send you a letter saying so. Nice marker but like others said, straight up trade with him adding a little.
Even then they cannot state categorically that THIS gun is a limited edition, unless they tracked the serial and maintained a record of the build.
Without that, they can only legitimately say " Yes, we build ten of these limited edition guns. This MAY be one. Or it could be a copy"
The only REAL paperwork, other than serial matched factory documentation, is to ask the pro to sign papers that says he received the gun, this is it, and it is a limited run.
Brent.
MassDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Not being familiar with this DM8, is it just the anno that's 'LE' or are some of the internals also LE? Some folks feel that LE anno does not really add much to the value...LE Milling, LE internal parts, etc, yes, but not LE anno....maybe he's one of the latter...maybe he's just looking for nice DM8 (and yours IS nice) and doesn't care if Perchak used it...

...personally, I would not add....straight trade maybe if his Vice is in very good condition...
imanut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The only thing that sets it apart from a standard DM8 is the lasering. There is no special milling etc. It does have a bunch of internal upgrades like the virtue board, eigenring, BW bolt etc, but those can be done to any marker.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks...that's what I was wondering...some LE models are strictly cosmetic...others have some special parts....you seem to have some good ups....I def would not add if his is bone stock...

I have a Vice and think it is a sweet marker, though...
imanut2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts