mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

1x scopes

Ok by 1x i mean true no zoom. But heres the catch i want standard non battery powered crosshairs. I want it to be nitrogen filled as well. So basically a scope without the zoom
Aka "wagz" on the field
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

there's one that fits all those criteria. they call it an iron sight.

i guess ghost rings would do too.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

uh, red dot sight. 30mm is ideal for paintball. to get something that works as well as a powered red dot which isn't battery powered, is actually fairly expensive... and the watch batteries in red dot sights last a long time and can be replaced cheap.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

i find scopes useless as paintball guns or the paint fired, isn't accurate enough for a scope. with that said, i won't stop anyone wanting one.

but, the one thing that you should look at is, would that scope, since you want it nitrogen filled, be able to take a hit and no be damaged? a ghost ring or iron site, or even a red dot would be cheaper and more durable.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Scopes, Red Dots & Sights

$70 for the Holo site is a pretty good price
phaedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Iron sights are a real possibolity. They dont zero the same though. Scopes arnt useless and yes a paintball is accurate enough for low powered scopes i asked for 1x though because i have a hard time snap shooting in anything that has limited eye relief. Bushnell has a 1-3x thats 70 on cheaper than dirt but its not true 1x its more like 1.2 the only true 1x im seeing is leupold but thats like 800 dollars so yeah no thanks. Ive donr ghost rings dont like em. U may be content to guess where your shot is going i prefer to know. I have a red now ive had it for years it works great. The reason i wanted a scope is to get away from batteries even if they do last a while. Also i wanted horizontal and verticle leads. So far i think my best options are that bushnell i mentioned or multi reticle red dots like ones where its a laser crosshair. Bushnell also makes a decent one of those. I hope my local hunting shop has one so i can look through it. I have to look through it first.
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 03-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Best thing to get is the cheapest possible, because100% it WILL get hit. I used a cheapo Daisy red dot sight on my phantom and it helped a bunch for a quick snap sometimes. Of the mabey 10 times ive been hit in that gun, atleast 3 of thoes were to the sight and broke it like a cheap toy.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

The red dot i have is red head ithink it was 40bux its been shot tons and hasnt broken yet. Crossbow scopes seem to be the closest to my criteria. My guess is because crossbows share a lot of balistics with pb
Aka "wagz" on the field

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts