-   Ask The Experts (
-   -   Phantom Feed tube queston (

TouchofGrey 12-09-2012 03:16 PM

Phantom Feed tube queston
Without having to fully make one where would one get the feed adapter that you put a sock holder in to keep the balls from rolling out. Looks like some sort of conical reducer on the end of the Phantom feed tube. Don't want to use a lens cover. If need be I can call Mike Cassady but trying to be innovative.

I need it to be aluminum to fit on the tubes I am milling.

Stilgar 12-09-2012 03:17 PM

Just call mike...

they are only about $6...and not worth the hassle of trying to reproduce your self...

If you really want to though, try a rubber foot from a stool or cane.

TouchofGrey 12-09-2012 03:25 PM

I'll call Mike
I'll call Mike. I need to p/u some old school power tubes anyway.

The Inflicted 12-09-2012 10:35 PM

Retainers here: SockLocks: Home & Kitchen

As for the plastic bit, the ones I've made started out as 1"-3/4" PVC reducers.
If you use a dremel to carve a recessed trench inside the lip of the coupler the natural springiness of the sock ring (or CCI ring) will keep it from popping out of place.

The blue one I made first, many years ago, and overestimated how deep I needed to dig the trench, which is why it looks damaged.
image sharing

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC