mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Forgive me for resurecting an old thread but I ran across this looking for paintball specific clothing for my girlfriend.

A couple of months ago she bought these German Womens Police riot pants. For $15 they're really nice and look like they would be good for paintball. They fit her very well and she's curvy...

New Women's German Military Riot Police Jacket - 1168783, Pants at Sportsman's Guide

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have a female who plays fairly often. She wears a womens JT racing jersey with your usual paintball pads underneath. We found that Evil's 06 and 07 pants fit her fairly well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
people should not watch laws, sausage & markers being made
Mr.Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
Newbie/IFAR/Murphy

No apologies necessary!

What an odd coincidence... I haven't touched this thread in ages, and just last night I spent another hour long session on Google trying in vain to find female-cut gear.

I do wear standard 5.11 tactical pants for work, as my sheet metal company required navy heavy duty work pants, and they were the only option available to me in the acceptable colour. The difference in pants like that is that the fabric is not suitable for 'bounces' as I've yet to have a paintball not splatter on them.

However, I think I have a viable option right now. I bought a scrappy pair of paintball pants from Craigslist, and I'm going to rip them apart and create a pattern from them. If that fails, I'll buy a new pair and have them tailored to fit.

- Pain fades, pride stays -
Asphyxxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Tailors aren't as expensive as people imagine, I have a really nice tailor who happens to play paintball and has heavy duty machines so he can sew ballistic nylon and I'm always bringing him stuff to modify. I would just have them tailored to fit.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxxia View Post
No apologies necessary!

What an odd coincidence... I haven't touched this thread in ages, and just last night I spent another hour long session on Google trying in vain to find female-cut gear.

I do wear standard 5.11 tactical pants for work, as my sheet metal company required navy heavy duty work pants, and they were the only option available to me in the acceptable colour. The difference in pants like that is that the fabric is not suitable for 'bounces' as I've yet to have a paintball not splatter on them.

However, I think I have a viable option right now. I bought a scrappy pair of paintball pants from Craigslist, and I'm going to rip them apart and create a pattern from them. If that fails, I'll buy a new pair and have them tailored to fit.
Out of curiosity what is your line of work that you wear 5.11 tac pants?
Nevermind... I missed the part about sheet metal...

As for gear, I would look into some of the older dye stuff, I think they used to make female specific gear. Barring that, maybe some softball slide shorts.

Last edited by breg; 02-04-2014 at 02:47 AM.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts