mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
'Same' will get you inconstant velocities. I'd go .002 under your smallest paint. Better to have various degrees of squish as opposed to some with squish, some fit perfect, and others have air escape around them. Punkworks said .005 is about as low as they'd suggest going, period.
Ok, I'm new to all this barrel boring stuff. Since I've started I've only really used stock barrels.
Check Six Paintball Team
https://www.checksixpaintball.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeathKlownGaming
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
For Pump: drop paint into your sizers/inserts until you have a few paintballs roll straight thru and then size one sizer/insert down.

Open Bolt Electros: I would size one size up.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Iím a big fan of under-boring, even before I started shooting pump markers. I did a lot of experimenting with my AXE with different bore sizes using Freak inserts in a Deadlywind Fibur barrel.

I found when it was dry and warm I could drop 0.006. On more humid days I found 0.003 was more reliable.

I found under-boring yielded much more consistent shots and allowed me to drop my operating pressure from 200psi to 140psi, which made my AXE smoother and quieter. It also increased the efficiency so much I went to a 45/45 tank and never used my 68/45 again.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
semi is way different you are normally putting alot more paint through the same bore than most pump players. i would run the same size as the paint if not 1 size up. under boring with semi's usually have problems had a buddy try it a couple times and got a ton of barrel breaks. its not worth the hassle of having to clean your barrel if you don't need to.
i'd take that with a large grain of salt; too many unknowns in that statement (what paint, what condition, what bore, etc etc). underboring is perfectly fine, and is the ideal. consistent, and efficient.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

I just bore at .680 or .679... I shoot pump all the time though. Most modern paint is .685 to .681 any way.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxx View Post
I just bore at .680 or .679... I shoot pump all the time though. Most modern paint is .685 to .681 any way.
.685, or .675? My local FPO paint has varried a little bit in make/model for the last few years, but I have used a .679 or more recently a .682 the whole time. So, if you have a typo in there, I agree with those sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I'm picking up a .684 insert to start with. Should I buy a full freak kit? I don't think I'd really need the larger sizes (.687-.691)
Old 11-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
'Same' will get you inconstant velocities. I'd go .002 under your smallest paint. Better to have various degrees of squish as opposed to some with squish, some fit perfect, and others have air escape around them.
+1 This is a very good point. And something that took me a little while to realize.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
token electro player

Punkworks found that you can get away with up to a .008 underbore without increasing breakage I believe.
sydarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydarm View Post
Punkworks found that you can get away with up to a .008 underbore without increasing breakage I believe.
So if I had paint that was boring out at .689 I could safely use a .684 insert?
Check Six Paintball Team
https://www.checksixpaintball.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeathKlownGaming

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts