mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Typhoon Help Please

Testing out my Typhoon today, I would fire it and the pin from the bolt in the back would pop out of the black hole on the black bar. Also sometimes the trigger seems to get stuck and I have to "flick" it in order for it to come forward again. Any idea what's wrong? I'd like to fix this soon as I may have a game coming up.

Thanks for the help everyone.

T
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
blah

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Run some a few drops of oil through it. That is good for Typhoons.

The bolt pin should not be popping out of the linkage arm. Inspect both the pin and the arm for excessive wear. Also check to make sure neither the linkage nor the ram shaft is bent.

The sticky trigger could be a few things. Some oil might help, but I would check your reckock pressure setting. The process is similar to a cocker, turn the presure all the way down and then slowly turn it up while pressing the trigger until you find the point at which it cocks, then give the rock another half turn.

It could also be something binding inside the grip frame. Take a look and check the clearences of 3-way hoses etc. in there.

Last edited by WilD; 10-22-2007 at 04:18 PM.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

I just added some oil and she seems to be firing somewhat better.

The linkage arm is straight and doesn't look worn down much. The pin popped out only once this time.

I noticed as I pulled the trigger very lightly, it would fire as in air would pop out of the barrel, but the bolt did not move. As I pulled harder the bolt would go back and then forward. I have no reg on here at all, just a gas thru. Do I need a reg for her?

Thank You for the help.
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
blah

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
No need for an inline reg, although they help with consistancy when running CO2 (as they do on any marker).

You are aware these operate the same way as a cocker and there is a low pressure reg built into the lower tube right? The trigger pull you are describing is normal. It will first release the sear, firing the marker. Later in the trigger travel the 3-way gets moved, which cycles the bolt.

If nothing is obviously broken or worn out around the bolt/ram linkage, you might try removing the linkage arm from the ram and bending it slightly so it will ride closer to the bolt, hopefully preventing the pin from popping out. I've never had to do anything like this, so don't blame me if it breaks. Failing that, you may need a new bolt or linkage arm.

Last edited by WilD; 10-22-2007 at 04:22 PM.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts