mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
System X vengeance 2.0 valve

Hi all,

Thanks for the help on timing it, got it up to speed and ready to shoot faces... I couldn't get FPS up so had to put in a lighter valve spring. When I did, the valve seemed exactly like a rat valve from the body and stem. I'm wondering is that the stock valve, or is it a rat valve or is it some knockoff. Looked exactly like my other rat valve, cup seal and also had Oring on the valve stem. Let me know guys...
Thanks all
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
valve enthusiast

CCM Fan
the only rat valve clone im aware of is the ans, and it does not have the oring on stem.

Keep calm and shoot on.

Ramagupas feedback
RaMaGuPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

I think the stock valve bodies were stainless and had a clear/semi translucent cupseal... or atleast that's what I remember the valve in mine having...

A note: I had to go with a shorter valve spring in mine to get it shooting correctly. I think I put a phantom/Nelson valve length spring in and had no problems.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
I got it shooting as I wanted. I'm more curious if I should list it as having a rat valve if I go to sell it, or if that's the valve they all come with. Do your system X stock valves more resemble stock WGP valves?(but stainless)
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

I got mine second hand, but given how I picked it up, I believe it was all stock.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I got it shooting as I wanted. I'm more curious if I should list it as having a rat valve if I go to sell it, or if that's the valve they all come with. Do your system X stock valves more resemble stock WGP valves?(but stainless)
My vengeance 4.0 was all stock when I got it, it came with an aluminum valve and a black WGP style cup seal. Other than being aluminum and having the hole on the underside plugged, it was exactly the same as a stock WGP valve and poppet. The spring combination it used really drove me nuts though; it used the lightest valve spring I've ever come across and a mainspring as stiff as a stock WGP spring. Rat and ANS valves have the cup seal on the valve body and the poppet sealing against it rather than the poppet having the cup seal on itself.

If it's brightly colored, chances are it's a shocktech valve; if it's black, it may be ANS (never saw any other color on their site). The former is the more popular one.
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
I believe it is just a silver stainless color. Looks to be one then

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts