mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

a regulator will be more consistent, more consistent over the life of the 12 gram, and allow you to shoot deeper into the 12 gram.

just use a regulator.
Mr. President, we are rapidly approaching a moment of truth both for ourselves as human beings and for the life of our nation. Now, truth is not always a pleasant thing. But it is necessary now to make a choice, to choose between two admittedly regrettable, but nevertheless *distinguishable*, postwar environments: one where you got twenty million people killed, and the other where you got a hundred and fifty million people killed.
Buck Turgidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
I'm absolutely aware of this, thanks.

Have a couple things to try out, still looking for a solution to running an UNREGULATED 12ie setup. Going to contact Palmer's for the right spring, and going to get devolumizer from a member on here.
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

reduce ALL extra air space before the ball.

remove pump rod,fill reduce to 1/32" max(air passage going to the valve) ,then reduce the valve chamber volume itself...use only a single vent bolt w about a 3/8" passage.

have you seen a cutaway of 2k the body voids?
HERE
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...cockerhalf.JPG

Last edited by Brassballs; 05-03-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
Yeah I have the pre2K docs machine cutaway saved on my phone. Currently getting a devolumizer from mad customs. What were you suggesting for the valve chamber itself?(where the valve spring is, right?)
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

correct and use something similar to ex. lifesavers candy, dropped in before the valve spring,which will also stiffen the spring.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
I was thinking about that, but like in your linked cutaway, it doesn't seem to be a flat surface so what would keep some sort of washer flat/centered and what would keep the spring centered on the washer. Would love to try this if it's good enough as is.

Somebody needs to make a jam nut similar to the one holding in the valve, but instead have it up front to adjust valve spring tension. An IVSG that would not be easily accessible, but would pay off when dialed in (like some of the wgp lprs, HPRs, or a Palmer's CART reg
Old 05-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

close match to the od of the valve chamber. it will stay put..
you could add-- deform(slight cone shape) a thin steel washer to face the spring which will center the spring... raised center facing cup seal.

valve chamber needs reduced for best results.

a proper 12g. type of bolt will help...most 2k bolts were for LP and bored out to big

Last edited by Brassballs; 05-03-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
Alright, I've got plenty of these washers to devolumize the valve chamber/ increase spring tension, I also am in the process of getting a devolumizer from mad customs for the chamber above the VASA.

I guess I'll just try different number of washers until I find the right amount. I was hoping to get any advice on this process, or suggestions against trying this, let me know!

Thanks
Zac
Old 05-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
Update, the washers definitely kept velocity down a bit. Peaked at 305 instead of 330+. Still took about 5 shots to deplete some pressure to get velocity above 260 or so. So perhaps a volumizer would help to start it at a lower, more usable operating pressure, and another washer or two to keep the velocity under field limits.

It's a work in process, I'm determined to find some solution to running these unregulated, and hopefully give others something to go off of.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts