mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Unless you explicitly had a shipping contract it is assumed that you and the seller had a delivery contract.

In a shipping contract the seller is responsible up to the moment of shipping. This are extremely rare for small business or personal use.

In a delivery contract the seller is responsible up through delivery. These are common.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just recently had a priority mail package come in with a hole (like, yesterday, missing the marker completely thankfully) and this is the first it has ever happened to me. I usually (say that cause I have run out last minute) wrap my stuff thoroughly in bubble wrap, then stuff the package so no damage can occur. His packaging was very lacking. On top of that, I have personally given full refunds, and paid for return shipping on items I have sold that had a small defect I did not notice, so therefore did not describe. I usually just sell it again for less after describing the newly found defect, even if it was due to shipping. But, i am also the kind of seller who is looking to make my buyers feel comfortable and worry free throughout the whole process, some people aren't like that, and then you end up in situations like this.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

I just had an eBay iPad come to me in a padded envelope with no additional packing. It was loose inside the envelope. Amazingly it survived the trip unscathed.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've had plenty of guns shipped in USPS boxes with nothing for padding. not even newspaper. Pretty scary to pick up a box and hear metal banging around.

I've also had some wrapped in dirty clothes... or popcorn! More then a few stuffed with popcorn. I've learned that people are stupid, and/or cheap. That is the internet.

But I know where the seller is coming from. Sometimes I'd ship something and the post office says "its under 13oz, so it qualifies for 1st class.... and much cheaper".

1st class and Priority all ship together, so seems like there is no difference.... though in reality there are small issues (like insurance, etc).

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Popcorn seem like good padding and it cheap too :P sucks to cleans the bits afterward xD

Le Renard Youtube Channel
BenoitOWN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitOWN View Post
Popcorn seem like good padding and it cheap too :P sucks to cleans the bits afterward xD
And the marker come pre-lubed!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts