mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Shipping from the US to the UK

Hi guys, I'm trying to ship a marker from the US to the UK and was wondering if anyone had any experience with various services or best practices they could relay to me. I appreciate any help!
Parkey990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Bacci would know, can't remember how to summon him on this forum though, arrange some number six power tubes in a circle, sprinkle with gold cup and say his name three times maybe.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ship USPS Mark as "used sporting goods" and Pay thru the nose for postage...
Never use the word "gun "when shipping!

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (910) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback

Last edited by woouulf; 06-21-2016 at 06:34 PM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
I shipped and sold a Carter to Sweden, for PBMaster. I simply put on the customs form, "air tool". I also filled the custom forms out online at USPS.com paid for the shipping and printed out all the paperwork. It was delivered no problem.
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Has too much crap

Make sure the receiver knows it will take bloody forever to get there. Around a month if you ship the cheapest route.
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Its only been 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Bacci would know, can't remember how to summon him on this forum though, arrange some number six power tubes in a circle, sprinkle with gold cup and say his name three times maybe.

This just got put in my Sig...good luck with shipping though brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Try sending him a PM here for parts or questions about vintage parts, gear and such... He's real busy these days and might find shipping questions a little tedious (bacci paintball )

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (910) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's not hard to ship internationally there is a global standard among postal services...

1) Pack the item
2) Go to the post office they will give you a little form
3) Fill out the form with your address, recipient's address, declaration of contents and value.

3a) Don't be cute on the declaration. Customs people aren't stupid and will check it anyway. As long as the item isn't illegal there is nothing to worry about

3b) If it is illegal there but not where you are that isn't your problem it is a problem for the person getting it. You mailed it your responsibility is done.

4) pay post office people

5) Congratulations you are now an international seller! Be sure to update your Linkedin profile!!!
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkey990 View Post
Hi guys, I'm trying to ship a marker from the US to the UK and was wondering if anyone had any experience with various services or best practices they could relay to me. I appreciate any help!
pretty simple; usps for shipping. first class international is easy, but if you want better insurance you go priority international. go to usps.com and make an account for free. you can then print the label out yourself. the process will automatically make the correct label for international shipping. you'll need to fill out the info for the customs form (what you're sending, how much it weighs, how much it's worth, etc). do not put "gun" anywhere in the customs form! it'll print out four documents on two pages (you cut with scissors). one you keep as a receipt (it's say users copy or something at the bottom), the other three you'll send. you'll have to go to your local post office to get a customs form envelope to stick on your box, otherwise you can order them for free and usps will deliver some to you. you just ask the clerk and they'll hand you one (it's free). you then put the three forms inside said envelope.

note that for first class international, you don't need to do that as all of the customs info is on the label itself. only on the priority label will you have the three documents and need a customs envelope.

as noted, getting it through customs can take a long time (three or more weeks), so be patient. hope that helps!

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 06-22-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
Try sending him a PM here for parts or questions about vintage parts, gear and such... He's real busy these days and might find shipping questions a little tedious (bacci paintball )
I wasn't implying he's hard to get hold of - just couldn't remember if there was a simple way on MCB of getting an alert to someone that their name had been mentioned in a thread, I know on some that "@cannon fodder" would pop up an alert the next time I logged in.

He was the first person that came to mind when I saw the question as he's posted stuff to me (in the UK) a couple of times.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts